The GA & Reporting Team Lead supervises a team comprising of professionals and non-professionals, and is accountable for ensuring accurate and timely recording, collection, and processing of all general accounting and reporting, fixed assets, statutory accounting, and direct tax transactions while ensuring adherence to policies and procedures in the drive for exceptional customer service, operational excellence and compliance.
Education & Experience
- Manage a team which supports significantly larger and/or more complex entities that require a solid understanding of the nature of the business and the economic environment in order to execute activities effectively.
- Ensure the team’s accurate and timely delivery of general accounting and reporting, fixed assets, statutory accounting and direct tax services (i.e. journal postings, GL maintenance, report preparation, reconciliations, tax submissions, etc.) in accordance with SLAs. Maintain the process health of the organization.
- Manage the financial reporting process, including financial close timeliness and escalation, preparation of financial statements for group consolidated financial statements, leading financial reporting projects.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders internally and externally. Provide relevant advice and information as and when required.
- Proactively identify, propose and implement continuous improvement opportunities in existing processes within the team.
- Carry out people management responsibilities in accordance with the organisation's policies and applicable laws, including:
- Plan, assign and direct work.
- Provide feedback and coaching employees.
- Provide opportunities for learning and self-development, and facilitate the development of technical competencies.
- Continuously strive to build a culture of high-performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Recognised professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA).
- Minimum of 6 - 8 years of experience in general and/or financial accounting.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in leading, developing and coaching teams.
- Shared service centre experience is added advantage.
- Require to work shift hours during month-end and quarter-end close period