Support Senior ARC Manager, Castrol to ensure that robust control environment operates in Castrol business, that the Group requirements for Internal Control over Financial Reporting are met, and that the Castrol control environment is conducive to meeting Group Policies.
The job holder’s primary responsibility is:
- To provide advice on accounting policy matters, develop & circulate Castrol specific accounting guidance notes, support Castrol global finance team in ensuring GRM compliance, to be an accounting policy tag to roll out new IFRS in Castrol, advice on accounting codes to be used for group reporting.
- To be a business reviewer for statutory accounts of Castrol’s parent company & some key UK based entities.
The job holder’s secondary responsibility is to provide assurance to VP Finance Castrol and VP ARC C&P, that appropriate documented business processes exist and there is compliance to overall BP Finance policies, Castrol business practices and procedures. This is expected to be achieved through periodic reviews and / or annual Self-Assessment.
The post holder will also support the Castrol ARC team in roll out of accounting policies and control processes as agreed from time to time.
Experience & Expertise (mandatory & desired)
- Ideal candidate for this role requires a Finance Professional degree viz.: CA, CPA
- Audit qualification e.g., CISA or equivalent and good knowledge of Castrol business
- Good understanding of BP’s GRM policies & IFRS
- Experience of at least 10 to 12 years post qualification.
- The incumbent should have exposure to business facing roles in finance.
- The role requires strong understanding of BPs ARC processes and systems.
- Experience in Audit / ARC (including SOX compliance) function
- Good understanding of ERP processes and system controls.
- Should have done at least one senior managerial role prior to this