From 1 September, Hungary has closed its border to most foreign nationals due to the corona virus pandemic and foreign nationals may be allowed entry only in very limited circumstances.
Please note this job requires onsite presence and we will consider your applications based on the applicable travel rules to Hungary. Please still complete your application, we want to make sure we have your details for when we are through this period.
This role will focus on owning the Data Management Strategy (which forms part of the overall Data Strategy) and execution plan for GBS. It ensures that we care for our data in a systemic and governed way, through the effective creation and development of a Data Strategy and execution plan.
Responsible for leading the delivery of a wide range of business activities, helping to shape the strategic direction and implementation of plans, driving performance and advancing the agenda by utilizing expert technical knowledge to work closely with the Functions, providing business oversight and operational assurance, and ensuring that standards, policies and procedures are fit for purpose and working effectively.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Global Solutions combines various processes ranging from global transformation delivery, project and programme portfolio management, change management, template, business process management, automation centre of excellence, global data management and others.
Join our GBS Data and Analytics Services (DAS) Function and advance your career as a
Global Data Management & Discovery Manager!
In this role You will:
- Drive clarity of the data vision and strategy, and implementation of the target state including processes, technology services and competencies.
- Define the requirements for data-related technologies and influence associated architectural decisions to ensure these requirements are met
- Represent DAS at architectural governance bodies which ensures alignment to the Data Strategy
- Define and implement a data governance framework which ensures ownership of data is clearly defined, and effectively managed and measured through defined governance processes
- Define the framework to assess data management maturity and measure progress, including external maturity measures, data quality KPIs and other metrics measured at all levels across the group
- Build and maintain policies and controls for data management, and implementing measures to ensure sustained compliance
- Design, deliver and extend a business-focused data model which aligns to the overall corporate data model which supports the embedding of data ownership and stewardship
- Lead the design, implementation and maintenance of the Data Management team OD & TOM, including building and leading a centralized team of domain experts
- Formalize a catalogue of Data Management Services to include on-boarding of work, change management process, and operational support, which may extend to provision of data quality and reconciliation services
- Define a modelling approach and meta data model which allows the corporate data model to be linked to other models across bp
- Drive and extend the business glossary which includes business data definitions, standards and quality measures
- Provision Data Quality services to drive data quality establishing balanced data quality improvement plans which align to data policies and standards
- Provision Data Integration services – standards and technical services to ensure quality integration of data across solutions, ensure API services are broadly available, facilitate the broader ecosystem (suppliers and customers) interoperability
We have the following requirements:
- Minimum 10-12 years of experience across Data Management including architecture, delivery and business facing aspects
- Experience in data governance execution, including metadata, master data, data definition, data modelling, data quality, data lifecycle management and data integration and storage across both operational and analytical domains
- Proficiency in English
- Strong background in the deployment and use of relevant technologies for use both in a BAU setting as well as part of architecting large-scale data-related change initiatives in a multi-instance ERP environment
- Delivered significant transformational, ground-breaking change across multiple geographies and within a diverse organization
- Deep experience of driving standards and optimizing build & maintain processes across a number of core master data objects including Customer, Vendor, Price & Material
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills to manage a dynamic, often disperse team of up to 20
- Strong business understanding of core processes and functions