This is a Grade G role based in Singapore.
The Regional Lead Market Strategist provides thought leadership, accountable for the regional market view and runs the interface with relevant stakeholders.They define and develop analytics capability to build an edge in trading and has deep subject matter expertise; fully use data and technology through working with multi-disciplinary teams. The Market Strategist helps identify changes in supply and demand fundamentals and communicate the likely impact on price action to the trading benches. The Regional Lead Market Strategist works closely with trading and FM&I to ensure knowledge and information from participation in physical and derivative markets are embedded within models, infrastructure and systems. They will build and maintain market outlooks for their geography through all time horizons and therefore support the trade business (in partnership with Trade Strategists) and the origination business. Acting as a point person for their respective market, the lead is accountable for delivering products that can be maintained by the Strategist teams on an ongoing basis.
About the role:
- Support the continual development of analytics capability and infrastructure
- Monitor & quantify market fundamentals and their relationship to price
- Develop / communicate market and price views to improve commercial delivery, owns regional market view for book (short to long term)
- Tap into information from participation in physical and derivative markets
- Actively sharing of knowledge, data, ideas and insights
- Leads interface with regional commercial stakeholders
- Mentoring market strategist(s) in the region
- Run infrastructure to produce insights, highlighting position risk to supply to trading & origination strategy
- Work with Lead Market Strategist(s) & Trade Strategist(s) to form market/trade views
- Working closely with relevant analytics fields to develop modelling infrastructure and improve/maintain balances.
- Understand the major moves that are occurring in the market, how they link back to trading activity and drive original analysis, developing initial model for testing
- Strong academic background; preferably in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Data Science or another quantitative background
- Good communication skills with strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent problem-solving capability and strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise under pressure
- Expertise in middle and heavy distillate markets including supply and demand drivers, how physical and related financial instruments are traded and different types of product
- Strong understanding of refining and the drivers in crude and other product market fundamentals, ability to determine their interaction with distillate markets
- Able to construct & maintain market models & recognise structural market changes
- Has modelling capability and understanding of Econometric modelling techniques
BP Singapore Pte Ltd promotes a flexible 60:40 work from office arrangement#LI-onsite #analytics #economicsmodelling