Responsible for supporting products/offers for a specific market, including delivering new offers, and supporting implementation of major new offer development projects.
Do you want to be part of a diverse, hardworking team helping customers meet their sustainability goals?
Castrol products are marketed in over 75 countries, employing over 5000 staff.
What the role does!
- Accountability for the product range strategy in certain metalworking categories and product range choices for industrial, targeting strategic customers in 5 chosen sectors as per our industrial strategy.
- Support the development and management of a robust 5 years innovation pipeline underpinning the delivery of our strategic and brand goals and guiding the technology strategy for industrial products in order to grow, differentiate and evolve the portfolio.
- Lead the offer development and innovation pipeline (OD&I) through our respective management system (ODIMS) for bespoke projects within the respective product categories.
- Support defining and maintaining the Global Product Line Positioning (PLP) as a basis for pricing & Net Hard Floor setting.
- Implement the product category framework and define the product portfolio consistently across the globe (working closely with our Technology teams) to simplify and lead the range, maintain differentiation and ensure clear category product growth and exit strategies.
- Monitor and own the product and brand positioning and lifecycles for the range and action repositioning and rationalisation as appropriate to deliver improved performance and reduced complexity.
- Improve overall Product Quality and Compliance (i.e. REACH) across the SPU to mitigate risk and target reduction in quality incidents.
- Lead and/or support IMTs concerning incidents investigation in a timely manner and provide recommendation to avoid repetition and create resilience.
- Follow Castrol’s offer development and operating management systems e.g. ODIMS and The Ways of Working in Marketing.
- Maintain Global Product Master Data Sheets and the Lubricant Oracle content.
- Work with the core markets, the MI and Technology teams to monitor and share product, competitor, technology and regulatory trends and insights.
- Provide market support related to product and key customer requirements/issues, including product application recommendations.
Please note this is a Global
role and we will be focused on recruiting someone from one of the core 5 industrial markets (EU, US, China, India & Japan).
What we need from you!
We are looking for someone with a degree level qualification and a well developed understanding of industrial products and their applications, who has a proven track record of building positive relationships with a range of partners from different subject areas.
To be successful in the role you will need good project management skills, strong communication, presentation and influencing skills, with a good understanding of core industrial sectors and value drivers.
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams.
A competitive reward package that includes an annual wellbeing allowance, life & health insurance/ private medical.
Access to social communities and networks.
Learning opportunities and other development opportunities to craft your career path.
Plus many other benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Are you looking for your next challenge and want to be part of an extraordinary team?
Reinvent your career as you help our business meet the challenges of the future. Apply now.