About the role
Within I&E, the Applied Sciences, is a centralised scientific resource focussed on driving bp’s transition into an efficient, profitable, net zero company. Applied sciences is the home for bp’s scientists; our deep expertise is built on a foundation of world-class laboratory experimentation.
Applied sciences is integrated with our customer groups, providing differentiated bp fuels & Castrol products to meet the market needs.
Applied sciences leads the longer term technology agenda, identifying emerging trends and innovating to develop energy pathways and platforms ( eg innovative low carbon and bio process solutions)that will provide the future pipeline for our net zero transition.
The Applied sciences challenger program will operate in a flexible model that allow graduates to experience the breadth of applied sciences, eg: mission-led placements within country over a period of three years.
- research & innovation - deep scientific and engineering knowledge and tools to deliver differentiated capability and unlock competitive advantage
- analytics, testing &modelling - provide innovative performance and analytical testing and investigational analysis for applied sciences
- product development & Quality Assurance - develop and deliver next generation products to meet needs of selected markets/customers
- technical support - lead interface with markets to deploy products/services and underpin technical support offer
- Global product stewardship - manage all aspects of product life cycle compliance
- intellectual asset management - ensure intellectual property is secured and leveraged to optimise value
- demonstration & commercialise - in-house capability to rapidly convert successful pilots into commercial options
PhD required - To apply for this role, you will need to be in your final year of study or have completed your PhD and have a masters degree in one of the following subjects:
Physics ( Modelling , computational sciences) Chemistry (Electrochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Organic/inorganic chemistry ,Material science, Computational sciences) , Chemical Engineering or Mechanical EngineeringLocations – Pangbourne, Hull and Sunbury Remember, you can only apply for ONE opportunity. If you are not sure that this is the opportunity for you, please return to our Candidate Matcher to review your other matches. Within the education section please list all information for any degrees that you have studied or are currently studying. If you need to make any adjustments to any stage of the recruitment process, for example due to an illness, injury or a disability, please contact us on 0800 279 2088 or email email@example.com. If you are calling from overseas, please dial +44 1635 584149. Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran or disability status