Entity:Production & Operations
Job Family Group:
Responsible for providing Pipeline engineering support to projects or operations, including maintenance, inspection and turnaround, interacting with other disciplines, teams, subfunctions and contractors to assist in resolving problems and developing engineering judgement to deliver integrated, pragmatic solutions focused on risk management, operating efficiency, defect elimination and standardization.
The Subsea Pipeline Engineer ensures that technical integrity for the pipelines within the designated area of responsibility is maintained. The post reports to the Pipelines Discipline Lead and is key in maintaining the integrity of pipeline systems.
• Demonstrate personal leadership and excellent safety behaviors
• Ensure that safety expectations are communicated and maintained
• Support the Pipeline System Owner in implementation of PIMS process.
• Provide technical engineering knowledge to maintain the integrity, operability and reliability of pipelines and associated facilities.
• Ensure compliance with relevant pipeline legislation, codes and industry standards.
• Ensure compliance with appropriate HSE practices and BP ETPs.
• Support the Pipeline System Owner in developing and optimization of inspection and maintenance routines.
• Provide technical engineering input for in-line inspection (intelligent pigging) programmes
• Investigate and develop appropriate rectification plans for reported anomalies and unapproved excursions from the pipeline design limit Cost and Planning
• Liaise with subsea operations team and planners to identify, programme and ensure successful delivery of inspection and maintenance works
• Monitor, review and risk assess work activity and deferrals via relevant work procedures.
- Azerbaijani citizenship
- Relevant bachelor’s and/or master’s degree - 2022, 2023 and 2024 academic year graduates are eligible to apply.
- CGPA 75% (2.5)
Engineering - Mechanical
Engineering - Civil
Engineering - Pipeline
Engineering - Subsea
Oil and gas transportation and storage
You can apply to one role only!
No travel is expected with this role
This role is not eligible for relocation
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.