Grade F Responsible for providing expertise and technical leadership in strategic origination, initiating and negotiating a range of transactions in line with the business strategies and growth agenda, contributing to strategic development, ensuring deals adhere to contractual agreements and expectations, driving business expansion in new markets and representing the organisation externally.
bp is seeking an individual with Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) regional experience and greenfield deal-making capabilities to join its LNG origination team in Singapore. bp continues to develop new supply and sales opportunities in line with its ongoing growth objective.
This Greenfield LNG Originator role in the LNG Book is a recognition of the rapidly changing nature of the LNG industry. With a focus on continuous improvement in our transactional capability and on finding creative deal structures to unlock new demand nodes for the LNG Book, the Greenfield LNG Originator sits right at the interface between the LNG Book and Integrated Gas and Power (IGP), bp’s asset development business.
The LNG Book and IGP’s long-term deals have become increasingly more complex, which has led to the need for a senior level role to originate and collaborate on deals which have both LNG supply as well as a downstream component which bp may either be directly involved in or have an enabling contribution.
The Greenfield LNG Originator will lead, support and mentor members of the origination teams in structuring non-equity downstream options to unlock LNG sales in new markets in AsPac and the Middle East. They will work closely with LNG and IGP origination teams, providing commercial advice as well as leading large-scale transactions.
Key accountabilities of this role are
Essential experience and job requirements
- Screen assigned markets in the Asia and the Middle East, and maintain a robust hopper of opportunities in line with the LNG Book strategy.
- Develop and manage relationships with counterparties in those countries. Make proposals and progress detailed negotiations.
- Pursue and manage the structuring of multi-billion dollar transactions, M&A and joint venture activities to unlock new downstream demand nodes for LNG, with a particular focus for non-equity options.
- Lead the negotiation of LNG Sale and Purchase Agreements, Power Purchase Agreements, and other contracts as required (e.g. development agreements, exclusivity agreements).
- Support and advise on IGP’s project development efforts including investment agreements, shareholder agreements and other joint venture participation arrangements, EPC and O&M arrangements; FSRU chartering.
- Lead global multi-functional deal teams to the ensure the robustness of transactions.
- Ensure understanding and adherence to bp policies, trading compliance policies and standards, and to its Code of Conduct.
- Successful track record in (a) energy project structuring, development and financing; (b) joint venture and M&A negotiation and (c) LNG / gas sales and purchase agreements.
- Significant, negotiation and transactional experience and an ability to work effectively internationally and with different cultures.
- In-depth knowledge of LNG industry to engage with LNG counterparts and develop deals among a range of counterparts,
- Understand value drivers and identify counterparty perceptions of value,
- A proven record of commercial awareness and of high-quality contribution to business strategy and delivery, including an ability to offer multiple solutions to address risk as circumstances warrant.
- The ability to self-motivate and motivate others, and to prioritise conflicting deal demands.
- Excellent commercial and business judgment, time management and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including an ability to work with colleagues and business counterparts.
- Effective influencing and capability to enable the cross-team and global collaboration required to support the LNG/IGP interface.
- Confidence to challenge, when required, both externally counterparts and internally within BP at senior levels.
- Significant experience in LNG trading and/or origination activities
- Experience in LNG and/or gas project development
- Experience in oil & gas upstream activities
- Experience in project financing