Responsible for providing dedicated specialist product category strategy development and implementation support, taking accountability for a defined category scope and engaging business stakeholders to understand business priorities and requirements, and ensure category strategies and implementation aligns with those needs.
- The Castrol Global EV and Growth Unit focuses on long-term growth and future-proofing Castrol through commercial innovation beyond the core. Currently active territories for the Global EV & Growth Unit are EV Fluids; Sustainability; Adjacencies and New Business Solutions. The team is part of Castrol Global Marketing, with a strong customer-focus, working in close partnership with functions and markets to build long-term customer and strategic value.
- The Growth Unit Manager (China) is responsible for working closely with the PU team to help drive commercial development aligned to the global roadmap. This may include the launch and growth of new offers, alliances, or commercial models. Reporting to the Global EV & Growth Unit, but co-located with the PU team, they will be the local champion, SME, and project manager for selected innovation / commercial development. The role will have a particular focus on extending the Castrol brand into new adjacent categories in the automotive and mobility space, but could extend to other innovation territories beyond core business. The Growth Unit Manager (China) will have a strong understanding of the local market and key players, and build an external network to help forge new business development opportunities with external partners or customers.
Job Holder Requirements (Minimum education, experience & capabilities)
- A China SME and champion for the growth territory, engaging, aligning, and energising key stakeholders in the PU and supporting functions
- Help evaluate and filter opportunities within the strategic framework. Work with the PU to translate strategic intent into distinctive business cases
- Act as local SPA for selected initiatives, owning the project plan mobilising cross-functional teams that are capable, aligned, and self-driven. Embraces project management discipline for systematic delivery.
- Maintain a strong external focus, building relationships with external organisations to identify business development and collaboration opportunities aligned to the roadmap, then drive these to sales / contracts / execution.
- Support or relationship-manage local strategic alliances as critical enablers.
- Build a deep understanding of the local value chains and RTM, identifying opportunities to increase profitability or drive new business through RTM innovation
- Work closely with the PU to develop marketing plans, sales plans, capability plans and lead / lag KPIs
- Develop a strong understanding of the target categories / customers / consumers and recommend new ideas for the pipeline
- Support relevant Castrol / bp processes as required, including NPI/ODI, FM generation and global governance
- Degree level or equivalent professional qualifications / experience
Skills & Competencies
- Experience in commercial roles focused on generating growth within an offer development, commercial development, business development or innovation/start-up context
- Leadership of cross-functional teams in a program / project management capacity
- Track record of delivery and driving growth (e.g. through new offers, RTM innovation, partnership development)
- Sector, market, customer and competitor understanding (mastery)
- Offer execution and growth (mastery)
- Managing strategic partnerships (skilful)
- Project management (skilful)
- Commercial / investment appraisal (basic)