The business-led innovation team (Vista) within bp Trading & Shipping (T&S) business is set up with the mission to help future-proof the organization. We set out to answer 3 questions:
Vista is an agile, impact-driven and solution-agnostic team within T&S, focused on analysing and leveraging innovative technologies, business models and ecosystem partnerships to address commercial opportunities.We do this through close collaboration with our business stakeholders (front/mid/back offices included) as well as technology partners (either through external tech companies or through internal IT function).Within Vista, the Engagement function is 1 of the 3 core pillars. Akin to a growth function of any startup, where focus is about meeting growth targets, customer acquisition, activation, retention, and scale; within the corporate setting of T&S, the difference is that our customers are internal business stakeholders.Vista is poised for its next stage of growth, both in terms of its global presence (particularly outside of London headquarter), project portfolio, as well as ambition in scope and commercial impact. We therefore need a hands-on, growth leader with solid understanding of the technology and innovation ecosystem in Asia, who can head up the Engagement function to supercharge our shifting to the next gear.
- how can technologies today solve yesterday’s problems faced by T&S
- how can technologies of tomorrow give us a commercial competitive edge, today
- what do we need to do/think/behave differently, in a rapidly evolving business landscape
Growth management / BD
External innovation network in Asia Pacific
- Continually strengthen and maintain a network of internal and external experts on innovation in the region, actively connect the dots and funnel through opportunities back into the global Vista pipeline
Marketing strategy & implementation
Governance, leadership and others
Essential Education, Experience and Job Requirements
- Member of the innovation leadership team, reporting to VP Innovation; also sits on a cross-functional opportunity governance board to bring about constructive challenge, as well as support & advice to each project at different lifecycle stages/milestones, include effective deployment of own team’s resources and capacity management
- Provide line management to a team of 4 diverse individuals, ranging from 3 regional innovation originators with solid trading front/middle office background to a junior marketing specialist.