The role is in the service of the Gas and Low Carbon Entity. It reports to the VP Hydrogen and CCUS Advisory Services within Hydrogen and CCUS business team.
The Netherlands is a core market for G&LCE H2 and CCUS strategy. Hydrogen, both blue and green, will become an increasingly important low carbon energy carrier. CCUS and hydrogen production will in some instances be connected and require complementary policy support.
The Hydrogen- CCUS Advisory Services Manager is responsible for identifying funding programmes that enable roll out and value creation from CCUS and hydrogen. He/She/ They should be aware of the potential policy gaps that limit their deployment.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?In this role, you will:
Join our Gas and Low Carbon Energy team as a
Hydrogen and CCUS Advisory Services Manager
- Lead and manage screening of public funding programmes (in industry, refining, mobility, chemicals) with a focus on The Netherlands. Select attractive programs for existing projects and projects under consideration, promote the use of those within hydrogen, customers and operational, and structure and work respective applications. Own and progress public funding applications, collecting input from internal bp projects as well as potential external partners in those projects. Manage the public funding application process end to end to achieve high quality applications with strong chances to win support, including conversations with gov't agencies & public authorities both on a national as well as on a regional level.
- Develop up-to date overview of existing, and newly emerging public funding programs for hydrogen and CCUS, understand boundaries for successful applications, advise on chances for successful applications and develop & keep a good working network to gov't agencies issuing and administrating these programs. This includes attending respective public workshops and info sessions, as well as maintaining good connectivity to the bp business in The Netherlands (C&P, P&O, G&LCE) be able to structure & shape public funding applications. Potentially support the selection of funding advisors and work with them.
- Lead multi-partner (bp and project specific third-party partners) funding application processes end to end.
- Provide analysis of various policy and regulatory frameworks on CCUS and hydrogen projects with a focus on The Netherlands, assess for unintended consequences for existing businesses. Support CCUS and hydrogen team develop funding and partnering strategies for identified regions where policies are critical for CCUS and/or hydrogen deployment.
We have the following requirements:
- Developing public funding applications in a technically complex field in time, with short deadlines and periods of high personal workload.
- Summarising complex technical and political issues succinctly for internal decision makers, and external third parties.
- Working effectively with multiple parts of the company.
- Develop high quality documents in Dutch and English language at short notice.
- At least a BSc degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline. Master’s degree preferred. This could include science and technology, environmental management, economics.
- Strong proficiency of Dutch language in writing & negotiating. This includes the ability to write and review text in Dutch language at high quality for external audiences.
- Fluent English language knowledge.
- Extensive experience in relevant industries with proven competencies in public funding and funding partnering, including ability to describe potentially complex technical topics as well regulatory topics in a simple and easy to understand language.
- Ability to structure documents and texts in an easy-to-understand manner.
- A sound understanding of Dutch administrative systems.
- Excellent networking capability and inter-personnel skills.
- Experience of coordinating activities across internal and external organizational boundaries.
- A proven ability to manage a number of simultaneous projects and achieve successful outcomes.
- Proactive and able to work to achieve agreed outcomes.
- “Hands on” pragmatic approach in getting things done and be able to work in an environment with ambiguity.
- Understanding of the potential sources and uses of hydrogen in refineries, mobility & process industries.
- Good leadership skills (ability to influence others), with good communication and collaboration ability.