Responsible for providing advice, support and coaching regarding HS&E related matters based on advanced technical expertise, identifying hazards that occur in day-to-day operations, conducting self-verification activities to ensure conformance with HS&E requirements, and providing coaching and verification that HS&E systems and processes are understood, implemented and sustained.
- Develop and implement local strategy and Annual Operating Plan on HSE&C for the business.
- Ensure the safety and operational risks associated with the existing businesses (BP operated and NOJV) and growth opportunities are clearly understood and handled within the regional FM&S organization
- Lead HSE efforts in supporting business growth agenda in the region. For new projects, this includes assessing known and planned HSE risks and barrier strength, and providing HSE assurance.
- Based on FM&S global Operating Management System (OMS), develop and implement local HSE systems and programmes to ensure that the FM&S business operations are safe, responsible and reliable with the clear goal of zero accidents, no harm to people or environment.
- Provide support for all Health, Safety and Environment related legal requirements to ensure legal compliance across the different business models. Provide mentorship to business on applicable health and safety rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Provide input to the development of global systems, standards and programmes based on local business context, then develop local programmes to implement them in a fit-for-purpose manner.
- As the local SME on HSE, provide authoritative advice, problem solution and support the business on:
- Control of Work
- Incident management, Investigations and Learning
- Contractor Management
- OMS, and the risk process including Performance Improvement Cycles (PIC) and management performance reviews
- Compliance, Self verification and Assurance
- Provide HSE SME support to the NOJVs in the region，including mentor to the HSE team.
- Supervise and handle local HSE performance.
- Develop HSE learning and capability.
- Facilitate Safety & Operational Risk Committee meetings; identifying and communicating key HSE&C risks to senior leadership on a consistent and routine basis.
- Influence VP level discussions on the development of project risk business models and execution of HSSE improvement plans.
- Provide expertise value adding HSE&C leadership with key collaborators, including but not limited to Business Group & Integrator SVP’s/VP’s and external agencies (e.g. Govt, NGO, local authorities) who are pertinent to new and existing business models as well as advancing future mobility solutions technology.
- Mentor regional FM&S leadership to ensure proficiency around key HSE risks, global safety and operational management, safety leadership culture, human performance.
- Develop and handle annual budget for all HSE related costs including the supply of HSE support to projects and day to day business priorities.
- The role reports into the FM&S VP HSE&C Manager and will have close working relationships with the FM&S leadership in AsPac, the central supporting HSE&C team, other integrators (Security and CCM) as well as with the FM&S HSE&C team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in safety, Technical/Engineering or related field
- Certified Safety Professional preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in HSSE, process safety, or operational roles
- Sophisticated knowledge of risk and safety process and management systems
- Experience working with OMS and Self-verification and HSE Management systems
- Experience in leadership and working in providing support to a number of different collaborators
- Strong networking, facilitation and influencing skills required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.