This is a role within a new team at bp that provides detailed commercial and power market analysis to support our low carbon energy businesses, optimize our revenue streams, and maintain a portfolio position with robust performance
You will play a key role in our auctioning and bidding processes for licenses and offtake agreements, in framing our low carbon portfolio strategy and in supporting project execution as required.
You will have a deep understanding of power markets and global commodities, ideally in the UK, Europe and the US with the ability to model complex international power and energy systems, using this knowledge and ability to provide strategic portfolio decisions and key performance metrics.
You are a self-starter that will add value to bp quickly through good communication and technical skills.
- Develop and maintain the commercial models for our low carbon energy portfolio.
- Evaluate and quantify the impact of various parameters (weather, load, grids, commodity prices...) on our low carbon energy portfolio performance using stochastic techniques.
- Frame the renewables portfolio strategy and inform on investment, divestment, and risk mitigation decisions.
Auction and bidding strategy
- Model bid prices and develop bidding and auctioning strategy.
- Understand and analyse competitors bidding and auctioning strategy.
- Evaluate power purchase agreements and other offtake contracts.
- Develop Route to Market strategy for our renewable portfolio to manage risks and optimize revenues.
Relevant academic qualifications - Master's Degree or equivalent in relevant disciplines 10-15 years of relevant commercial and strategy experience in power market analysis and modeling, this is a Senior Level Role.Key skills
- Expertise in quantitative and fundamental power and energy markets analysis including power price forecasting Experienced in the use of programming languages such as C++, Python, R or others, in power system and quantitative risk analysis.Preferred prior experience using Plexos or similar fundamental energy models.
- Expertise in building and using commercial models to value low carbon and hybrid assets.
- Expertise in data engineering to handle large amounts data and to provide pertinent analysis.
- Detailed understanding of power market legislation and regulation.
- Detailed understanding of renewable auctioning and bidding process.
- Detailed understanding of renewable and hybrid offtake contracts.
- Detailed understanding of European and/or American Power markets fundamentals.