Job Family Group:
Procurement & Supply Chain Management Group
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We are working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us and be part of what we can accomplish together. You can participate in our new ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Procurement Team at our Szeged or Budapest location and advance your career as a
Helpdesk Team Lead- German Speaking
GBS Procurement is integral to building bp's distinctive capabilities and enhancing the procurement processes. To achieve this, they are collaborating with segment category teams to effectively build, segment and manage the third-party supply chains. They are building the next generation of category management; sourcing and digital capability in line with bp’s defined functional vision and location strategy.
In this role you will:
- Manage a team of varied Procurement Helpdesk professionals, to support various bp businesses with a range of procurement activities.
- Set clear team goals and manage the day-to-day operations of the team to ensure customer service levels are delivered.
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives e.g., identify and implement improvement opportunities to standardize, digitize, and/or automate processes, development initiatives for the team.
- Accountable for implementing new/re-designed processes and making sure the processes are operated properly within the team.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture, motivate team members.
- Coach and develop the team members to ensure right capability and knowledge is kept at its continuity and at a high-quality standard.
- Act as second level escalation point for team members, and accountable for issue resolutions
- Management of appropriate stakeholder relationships within the GBS and build professional relationships with businesses/functions.
What You will need to be successful:
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in English & German
- Minimum 4 years business experience is required (leading a team)
- Demonstrated process expertise in Accounts & Commerce, PTP (procure to pay) domain, Customer Services or Supply Chain Management
- Experience supporting and implementing strategic plans across a team.
- Relevant previous experience in a leadership and supporting continuous improvement position with similar accountabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to use a wide range of systems and application tools such as SRM7, ARIBA and techniques to guide, motivate, train and support staff and makes full use of opportunities to mentor and develop direct reports or virtual teams to enhance their performance, leadership, and development potential.
- Project management and organizational change experience in a multi-national environment would be preferable.
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements.
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Flexible working schedule: home office up to 2 days / week, based on team agreement.
- Opportunity to build up long term career path and develop your skills with wide range of learning options.
- Family friendly workplace e.g.: Extended parental leave, Mother-baby room
- Employees’ wellbeing programs e.g.: Employee Assistance Program, Company Recognition Program
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks.
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in our beautiful Budapest Agora and Szeged offices e.g.: Play Zones, Office massage, Sport, and music equipment.
- Assets like phone for private usage and company laptop are provided from the first day of employment with other equipment if requested.
bp Hungary won the Most Attractive Employer 2022 Award (SSC / BSC sector) second time in a row at PwC's annual employer research. Come and join us!
No travel is expected with this role
This role is eligible for relocation internationally
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
Agreements and negotiations, Analytical Thinking, Building sustainability, Business Acumen, Category spend profiling, Category Strategy, Commercial acumen, Communication, Cost modelling, Decision Making, Digital fluency, Market Analysis, Negotiation planning and preparation, Sourcing strategy, Stakeholder Management, Supplier Selection, Sustainability awareness and action, Value creation and management
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.