The bpx Historian & Analytics Leader will manage bpx’s AVEVA Pi Data Historian and serve as a liaison between Information Technology, Upstream Business Operations, Midstream Operations, and Data Science & Process Engineering groups to design, enhance, implement, maintain, support and troubleshoot bpx Energy’s historian. This role requires the ability to work with engineers, developers and business analysts across multiple functions to gather specifications for improvement to existing time-series technologies, processes and tools and the ability to build machine learning capabilities, visualization tools, integrations, and reporting and analysis solutions. The bpx Historian & Analytics Leader will be expected to manage and operate the AVEVA Pi Data Historian, coordinate multiple teams, drive outcomes and lead contractors to ensure the proper evolution of the historian.
- Responsible for managing bpx Energy’s AVEVA Pi Data Historian development, maintenance, configuration, testing, tuning, and monitoring in coordination with technology resources.
- Responsible for implementing and troubleshooting Pi connectors to the Cygnet SCADA system and other platforms and time-series data sources.
- Responsible for providing subject matter expert guidance and direction to operations groups for data interfaces and identifying issues and addressing questions related to relevant time-series data streams.
- Ability to develop, test, and deploy custom coding and formula solutions for reporting and analyses in the data historian.
- Responsible for developing, preparing and maintaining digital twins for anomaly identification or machine learning techniques.
- Responsible for developing system models and templates, dashboards and reports, developing templates in PI Vision and other visualization tools, and for validating the quality of results
- Possess a general understanding of Safety, Drilling, Completions and Production Operations in the oil and gas industry in order to adequately interface with operations engineers, health and safety, and other disciplines to gather operational goals and requirements and implement value-add solutions.
- Work closely with department leaders in Upstream and Midstream Operations to streamline existing systems and dataflow and collaborate with Operations, Development and other bpx functions to identify, extract and analyze operational data for various performance metrics.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) for bpx Energy’s AVEVA Pi Data Historian in order to demonstrate and defend data quality to various stakeholders.
- Investigate applicable leading edge technologies and integration and visualization tools that can address gaps in system operations and data integrations and establish solutions when practical.
- Possess a general understanding of data analysis techniques and be able to design, develop and maintain analytical models that provide insight on platform telemetry and performance and utilization statistics
- Leverage the DevOps framework to monitor, tune and improve data models to meet business requirements and address performance objectives
|Essential Experience and Job Requirements:|
- 7-10 years of experience in operating and managing the AVEVA Pi Data Historian
- Extensive experience with Pi Vision, Pi’s web-client visualization tool
- Experience in oil and gas or other manufacturing/industrial business
- Extensive knowledge of visualization software and integration programming and applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present results and ideas clearly
- Extensive experience with mathematics and the ability to make accurate calculations and summarize data.
- Ability to work across several disciplines when identifying and implementing new solutions and processes
- Possess a general understanding of how to implement and deploy applications on AWS
- Self-starter with commercial mindset to improve overall business performance
- Analytical prowess to leverage data and available resources to resolve key issues that arise every day