Location is Germany - Bochum
At bp, we have only one thing on our minds: the energy of tomorrow. We want to reimagine energy so that we are climate neutral by 2050 at the latest. And so that the world can be as well. To achieve this, we are rethinking energy and relying on the expertise and passion of our 70,000 employees worldwide, 4,600 of them in Germany. Every day, with the products and services of our bp, Aral and Castrol brands, they ensure energy and mobility for millions of people - today and in the future.
The purpose of this role is to support a broad range of activities necessary for the commercial delivery of a leading hydrogen mobility business for bp within Germany.
The hydrogen mobility business supports our long-haul heavy-duty customers with a hydrogen offer that delivers them the best, decarbonized, total cost of operation (TCO) solutions.
Key elements of the role include: financial modelling, deal structuring, commercial analysis, and investment case preparation. Program management support as part of an integrated project team will also be required, as well as coordinating and driving the set-up of internal processes.
This role supports, by providing analysis and documentation for external stakeholders – partners, customers, and others. It will develop and maintain working relationships across multiple internal stakeholders including customers & products, strategy & sustainability, gas & low carbon energy, innovation & engineering, communications & advocacy, trading & shipping, as well as multiple supporting functions.
The dynamic nature of the hydrogen mobility business will require flexibility and action at pace with ambiguous information, and ability to influence decision-makers at all levels.
Your main tasks:
- Deliver valuation for opportunities – creating economic models and evaluating key metrics accurately for projects, including sensitivities
- Lead the economic modelling of projects and deals
- Support due diligence for projects and contribute to deal negotiations and development of contractual agreements
- Project portfolio analysis and optimisation including identification of key value drivers
- Identify and analyze project sensitivities, and deliver actionable insight to maximize commercial value and mitigate risks
- Support the commercial and financial structuring of projects
- Network with supporting bp groups to innovate and deliver best practice to projects / deals (especially treasury, tax, finance and regulatory teams)
- Support development of presentations to senior management and analysis for internal governance process for project approval
- Develop and maintain project schedules, showing key internal and external activities plus critical path activities and milestones
- Provide project analysis and support
- Support interactions with third party partners as appropriate.
- Support competitor intelligence, regulatory credits
- Live bp's Code of Conduct and model bp's values & behaviours
What we offer:
- Ideally a degree in a relevant technical, finance or business discipline or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the energy or mobility sector
- Proven communication skills with the ability to concisely present work product to business leaders
- Track record of delivering detailed quantitative analysis using advanced Excel capabilities
- Understanding of the steps required for development of projects from concept into operations
- Understanding of commercial contract structures
- Strong performance bias: the ability to deliver with attention to detail under tight timelines and to prioritize effectively
- Background in financial analysis, preparation and management of budgets and project cost estimates
- Knowledge of business processes
- Written and oral fluency in English and German
- Excellent organizational, planning, written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with decision-makers and non-specialists
- Experience in the energy industry in either an engineering, commercial or consulting role(s)
- Experience of working on energy or related projects
- Any technical or commercial experience working in hydrogen in mobility, especially supply chain and hydrogen refueling stations will be very highly regarded.
- Current business networks within hydrogen/ hydrogen mobility
- Working experience within project finance, debt advisory, partnerships or M&A in infrastructure or renewables
- Knowledge of bp business processes
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- bp stands for agile working in a digitalised, team-oriented and international working environment
- Flexible and mobile working as well as 30 days of annual leave
- Attractive compensation package (company pension scheme, bonus and share programme, Aral fuel card, group accident insurance, various special benefits)
- International career and development opportunities as well as extensive internal and external training opportunities
- Structured onboarding programme and buddy support
- Subsidised canteen as well as hot drinks and water for free
- Commitment to society: bp doubles the donations made privately by employees to charitable organisations and rewards voluntary time commitment
- Employees can offset their personal carbon footprint; bp doubles this amount
- Programmes to improve the work-life balance