At bp, we have only one thing on our minds: the energy of tomorrow. We want to reimagine energy so that we are climate neutral by 2050 at the latest. And so that the world can be as well. To achieve this, we are rethinking energy and relying on the expertise and passion of our 70,000 employees worldwide, 4,600 of them in Germany. Every day, with the products and services of our bp, Aral and Castrol brands, they ensure energy and mobility for millions of people - today and in the future.
As the Hydrogen Project Business Development Lead you will work in a multi-disciplinary squad to play a pivot role in developing hydrogen value chain agreements. In addition, as a senior member of the team you will also be required to lead projects and show leadership to junior members of the team.
- Provide key hydrogen value chain commercial and negotiation skills to project teams to structure opportunities, manage risk and add/protect value.
- Provide support for hydrogen value chain purchase and commercial negotiations, working closely with project teams and other entities and groups across bp.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- Maintain an active understanding and awareness of key hydrogen industry trends and their potential impact on bp’s interests.
- Build the capability of the team to ensure that performance delivery is sustainable in the longer term and the team are motivated to continue to develop their capabilities.
What we offer:
- BSc degree (or equivalent) in the rnage of science and technology, environmental management or business
- Strong proficiency of German and English language in writing & negotiating
- A track record of leading successful negotiations and creating and managing commercial structures (ideally in hydrogen value chains or gas/renewable power)
- Understanding of contract terms and the risks involved.
- Experience of delivering in cross-functional teams, including different cultural environments and geographies.
- An understanding of information barriers, potential conflicts of interest and competition restrictions and a practical approach to mitigating these risks.
- Experience of delivering multiple projects concurrently and effective prioritisation.
- Excellent skills in leadership, influencing and collaboration.
- Excellent skills in written and oral communication; in particular, the ability to effectively explain the critical points of complex commercial issues to a diverse and often senior audience including policy makers and counter parties.
- Competent presentation skills, Excel modelling and Power Point presentations.
- bp stands for agile working in a digitalised, team-oriented and international working environment
- Flexible and mobile working as well as 30 days of annual leave
- Attractive compensation package (company pension scheme, bonus and share programme, Aral fuel card, group accident insurance, various special benefits)
- International career and development opportunities as well as extensive internal and external training opportunities
- Structured onboarding programme and buddy support
- Subsidised canteen as well as hot drinks and water for free
- Commitment to society: bp doubles the donations made privately by employees to charitable organisations and rewards voluntary time commitment
- Employees can offset their personal carbon footprint; bp doubles this amount
- Programmes to improve the work-life balance