As the Hydrogen Insights Analyst, you will work within the Hydrogen Centre of Excellence to directly support the hydrogen business development team.
The Hydrogen Centre of Excellence plays a key integrator role for the hydrogen business by providing high-quality technical and commercial expertise and analysis, drawing knowledge and insights from across bp, working very closely with project origination and development.
We are looking for somebody with an analytical mindset who enjoys unlocking data into results and conclusions. A strong capability of advanced modelling and data analysis and turning this into actionable insights to assist with decision making is essential for this role.
The work you deliver will be instrumental in driving key commercial decisions as we continue to grow our hydrogen business, exploring new market entry in addition to further developing existing markets and projects.
- Support hydrogen business development team and wider stakeholders in synthesising raw data to develop technically rigorous and commercially actionable insights, recommendations, and reports, using bespoke internal modelling tools
- Prepare and maintain analysis and models of hydrogen value chain economics, and support development of internal modelling tools
- Integrate insights and learning from multiple sources and stakeholders, including commercial and technical expertise within the Centre of Excellence and the wider hydrogen team
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Master’s degree in engineering, mathematics, physics or related subjects
- Track record of delivering detailed quantitative analysis using advanced Excel / Spotfire / Power BI or similar capabilities
- Experience in the energy or utilities industry in either an engineering, commercial or consulting role(s)
- Familiarity of hydrogen value chain technologies and corresponding value drivers
- Strong performance bias: the ability to deliver with attention to detail under tight timelines and to prioritize effectively
- Proven communication skills with ability to concisely present work product to business leaders
- Accomplished interpersonal and team working skills
- Self-motivation and initiative
- PhD or other post-graduate qualifications in engineering, mathematics or physics
- Experience with commercial modelling and analysis
- Knowledge of advanced statistics and/or data science and experience with Python and/or other data science platforms