Responsible for providing regulatory affairs support through assessing the impact of the changing regulatory environment on the business, carrying out specific pieces of research on regulatory developments, coordinating briefings, managing information holdings and managing relationships, especially with regulatory bodies and institutions.
The Hydrogen and CCUS (Carbon Capture Use and Storage) Advisory Services External Partnerships Manager is responsible for identifying, managing, and coordinating incentives and funding applications in support of the CCUS and hydrogen projects. Where gaps are identified the Advisory Services External Partnerships Manager will work with the project, advisory services and policy teams to identify policies to enable project development and recommend appropriate policy measures and streamline application process.
Rapid scale-up of CCUS deployment is essential to meet the dual challenge of supplying the growing global demand for energy while achieving deep emissions reductions at lowest cost. Low carbon hydrogen, both blue and green, will become an increasingly important low carbon energy carrier. CCUS and hydrogen production will in some instances be connected and require complementary policy support.
- Lead advocacy elements in support of developing commercial CCUS and hydrogen projects. Provide strategically important and business focused carbon risk management through the identification, evaluation and development of policies that will enable scale-up and roll-out of CCUS and hydrogen.
- Provide analysis of policy and regulatory frameworks on projects, assess for unintended consequences for existing businesses, and make recommendations.
- Support CCUS and hydrogen team develop advocacy strategies for identified regions where policies are critical for CCUS and/or hydrogen deployment.
- Manage internal CCUS and hydrogen policy relationships among all relevant stakeholders and the different businesses to create a coherent company position. Engage and educate relevant bp representatives in CCUS and hydrogen to develop integrated messages that can influence government policy outcomes for the mutual benefit of society, bp and our customers.
- Identify, develop and manage external stakeholder engagement and collaboration in support of the agreed CCUS and hydrogen strategies. Engage with legislative and regulatory bodies regarding the merits and consequences of proposed legislation and regulations. Recommend how legislation can be designed and deployed to deliver optimal energy transition outcomes.
- Efficiently optimize bp engagements with industry regulators and opinion formers including national and regional policymakers and regulators and industry trade organizations. Ensure bp input is regionally appropriate and globally coherent.
- Extensive experience in relevant industries with proven competencies in policy development and advocacy.
- A sound understanding of regional governmental and administrative systems.
- Excellent networking capability and inter-personnel skills
- Experience of coordinating activities across internal and external organizational boundaries
- A proven ability to work on and manage multiple simultaneous projects and achieve successful outcomes.
- Proactive and able to work to achieve agreed outcomes
- A broad understanding of the science of climate change and the technologies that can be used to transition toward a low carbon economy.
- Understanding of the scope of CCUS and its applicability to power systems, energy intensive industries, heat and bioenergy.
- Understanding of the potential sources and uses of hydrogen.
- Good leadership skills, with good communication and collaboration ability.
- Accomplished communication and influencing skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Posting Close Date: Thursday November 25th 2021