From 1 September, Hungary has closed its border to most foreign nationals due to the corona virus pandemic and foreign nationals may be allowed entry only in very limited circumstances. Please note this job requires onsite presence and we will consider your applications based on the applicable travel rules to Hungary. Please still complete your application, we want to make sure we have your details for when we are through this period.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Finance teams ensure up-to-date, reliable, accurate and transparent financial, accounting, management and statutory reports. Elaborate assets and transactions, carrying out the month end close processes and data integrity, financial statutory reports, general finance and accounting, controlling, intercompany accounting, performance reporting.
Join our Finance Team and advance your career as an IRS16 Lease Manager!
The purpose of the role is two folded: to be the primary point of contact for Europe and South Africa (ESA) and North America (NA) IFRS16 lease reporting and provide ongoing advisory to Nakisa end users from technical (Nakisa) and accounting perspective in complex scenarios. The role contains operation work as professional expertise to be provided to team and stakeholders.
In this role You will:
We have the following requirements:
- Act as finance SME to the business, applying detailed understanding of how appropriate application of accounting policy can ensure best results within policy and compliance remit
- Coordinate the relationships with all ESA and North America businesses with leasing contracts, the country ARC and Bochum EF team, auditors and central teams and London policy team
- Liaise with the Finance Managers to ensure the completeness of books, and group reports
- Provide accounting support and advisory to end usres and team on complex scenarios
- Provide technical Nakisa and project support on specific scenarios (migration, remediation of errors)
- Act as a point of contact with policy for team offer challange to end users for treatment (as relevant)
- Support the Due Diligence process for the local entity(ies), ensuring all relevant requirements are met
- Ensure timely and accurate Group Accounts submissions and drive for consistent improvement of Key Performance Indicators
- Provide effective support to system transformations in all phases of the project
- Ensure lease related requirements of all local legislation over financial reporting, accounting and control are met, including Statutory and Tax Reporting where relevant
- Manage statutory audit for lease area
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Relevant degree, recognized accounting qualification (University degree, optional: ACCA and tax advisor certificate)
- Relevant 6+ years finance and accounting experience,
- Strong understanding of systems and data manipulation techniques - especially SAP
- Proven track record in demonstrating ability to interact with and influence people at all levels within the organisation, building strong relationships quickly
- Proven track record in controls, compliance & risk management in a multi-national environment
- Able to coach individuals and teams in order to improve capability
- Proficiency in English,
- Excellent communication and cooperation skills;
- Good level of analytical skills, numeracy and good financial understanding,
- Readiness for action and ability to work under pressure,
- Self confident appearance in relations to the internal contacts,
- Strong communication and cooperation skills,
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement