We are seeking a highly motivated, adaptable individual with a growth mindset who enjoys a dynamic, hands on, field-based work environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for working in the Permian business unit with other teams to maintain and troubleshoot current instrumentation, automation and communication infrastructure including: RTUs, PLCs, gas and liquid metering, transducers, transmitters, well site radios, backhaul systems, and SCADA systems. The technician will take a systematic approach to maintenance and will work to track and eliminate repeat failures. The technician will work with the Permian Engineer teams to upgrade existing systems to improve reliability and to enhance capabilities. Working with the IT and Application teams, they will need to plan, design, obtain approval for, and implement new types of RTUs, data collection tools, control software, etc. Experience with consumer grade electronics and industrial grade devices is needed. The technician will cross-train other members of the team to operate and maintain existing and upgraded systems.
- Coordinate/perform maintenance duties required to maintain operations and regulatory compliance such as: Calibrate, troubleshoot, and perform maintenance for electronic and pneumatic instruments, control systems, troubleshooting and repair of medium/low voltage systems and components.
- Maintain several platforms of programmable logic controllers (PLC) and SCADA systems including Allen Bradley Control Logix, Modicon, electrical and mechanical systems and equipment such as motors, pumps, switches, measurement, pneumatic controls and end devices, and related input and output devices necessary for plant operations and control.
- Assist in and supervise contract operations as required for maintenance and operations.
- Coordination of the work with plant and field to optimize throughput, minimize downtime, optimize production, and avoid safety and environmental risks.
- Ensure job duties are carried out in a safe manner, with due regard for the environment and in compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations.
- Ensure that accurate timely data is entered and recorded within computer based preventative and predictive maintenance programs, drawings, procedures and schematics.
- Accountable for executing I&E corrective activities in the Permian BU
- Responsible for executing modification work in alignment with engineering specifications approved through Management of Change (MOC) process with completion of Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (PSSRs)
- Execute work management process in alignment with WMS prioritization guidance
- Embed a culture of operating discipline and quality assurance.
- Participate in investigations and integrate lessons learned for project specific applicability
- Complete material procurement activities in alignment with procurement, supply chain, and COPAS guidelines
- Adhere strictly to BPX control of work (COW) and task risk assessment requirements
- Share knowledge with co-workers and strive to meet personal and company business goals and objectives
- Work effectively with MTL to manage project spend in alignment with cost targets
- Remote Transmitting Unit (RTU) types, programming, and troubleshooting
- Radio types (serial and ethernet), programming and troubleshooting.
- Solar charging systems and troubleshooting.
- Batteries and troubleshooting.
- Analog Input/Analog Output & Digital Input/Digital Output and troubleshooting.
- Multi-Variable Transmitter types and troubleshooting.
- Control valves and troubleshooting.
- Computer skills and programs – preferably related to SCADA.
- Antenna, coax, wiring systems, transmitters, and troubleshooting.
- Calibration of transmitters
- Wireless communications equipment repair and troubleshooting
- PLC / HMI types, programming, and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of the operations of a complete wellsite preferred
- 8+ years in instrument control, automation, and electrical maintenance / project commissioning in the oil & gas industry.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Experience with PLC programming – Allen Bradley / Modicon / Scadapack
- Experience with PowerBI or other data visualization/analytical tools;
- Strong skills using Microsoft Office products;