The role will execute the product & category strategy for Industrial in the market. This role will actively manage product life cycle and administration to ensure a focused & profitable portfolio. This role also manages all communications in the specified market to deliver market objectives and support delivery of volume, turnover and gross margin targets across strategic products.
This position is location independent and can be based out of locations where there is a bp/Castrol presence subject to the candidate’s ability to actively support business needs from that location.
- Translate global product & communications plan and choices in the local marketing plans.
- Contribute local knowledge and insight to global product category strategies for Industrial business
- Lead development of the customer engagement strategy
- Develop and activate communication via both Online and Offline channels.
- Ensure that communication to customers & distributors are on brand strategy and comply with communications guidelines.
- Manage product portfolio and create new product launch plans in market for near and long term delivery of business targets
- Drive marketing automation leveraging digital best practices
- Manage the Streamline / Fusion / ODIMS systems for the market.
- Maintain Product data sheets and Lubricants Oracle
- Work within pricing framework established for each product to maintain premiumisation
- Embedding product plans into S&OP process to plan, implement and review product launches and measure product category performance
- Accountable for the allocation of Communication ASP in conjunction with the Marketing Manager
- Supports Marketing Manager with Sales Leadership on key product activation programmes
- Accountable to develop and implement the pricing agenda for the country for focus products
- Accountable for gathering customer insights and competitive intelligence and dissemination of marketing information for aiding business decisions
- Adhere to Castrol ODI and OMS product management processes
- University degree in Marketing or related discipline and/or relevant professional experience
Skills & Competencies
- Significant marketing experience
- Substantial experience in marketing activation and product management
- Significant experience in disciplined product campaign execution
- Experience of working with agencies
- Experience of working in a matrix organization with complex interfaces
- Good knowledge of Industrial business, brands, and operational environments
- Good Product management and project management skills
- Strong networking skills – within & outside business
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Personal values aligned with that of BP
- Product management – Mastery
- Market understanding – Skilful
- Performance Monitoring – Skilful
- Translating Marketing Strategy into Marketing Plans – Expert
- Project & Relationship Management – Skilful
- Identifying & applying new opportunities in digital landscape – Expert
Grade HResponsible for supporting products/offers for a specific market, including delivering new offers, and supporting implementation of major new offer development projects.