We are looking for an Information Security Lead from a Learning and Development background with strong experience in a digital transformation or change and awareness role.
This is an exciting opportunity to help build and further shape our Cyber behaviours and awareness strategy across the group. bp is already a leader in this space, and we want to take the next step to create a ‘security enabled culture’. The role provides a unique mix of strategic thinking and operational delivery.
bp has embarked on a new and exciting strategy, to deliver on its net-zero ambition, by driving new efficiency and business models, using new digital technologies. Having a digitally competent and cyber aware workforce will be critical if we are to meet these ambitions.
Putting our customers’ security at the heart of our products and processes we are transforming to become an integrated energy company and we are growing our Business Information Security team to meet the new digital demand.
- You will own and author the strategy for learning in the cyber behaviours space for the group, from C suite and across all bp global teams.
- You will not be afraid to ‘roll up your sleeves’ and will be lead on the delivery of learning material.
- You will be responsible for creating innovative behavioural initiatives, helping drive a culture where everyone takes personal ownership for cyber security, making bp a cyber resilient organization
- You will create behavioural change awareness material to mitigate potential cyber threats, prevent cyber breaches and reduce business impact. You will be increasing business awareness, understanding specific threat landscape, and the potential business impacts.
We are transforming the company quickly there will be plenty of room for progression – we are committed to promoting from within and we’re looking for people to join us and make a real impact fast. bp is transforming into an agile organisation and the ideal candidate will be excited by the opportunity to shape our future, to do things differently and make a meaningful difference in an important global organisation.YOUR ROLE:
This role will report directly to the business head of cyber behaviours and awareness.Relationships:
Your customers are every member of bp that has a digital footprint, from employees, contractors and business partners through the supply chain.
You will work with the CISO and head of the cyber behaviours team to create and deliver a strategy for learning across all of these customers. You will also be working with some of bp’s joint ventures and subsidiary companies to create bespoken learning content related to their unique cyber risks.Change:
Manage, develop and deliver a learning strategy and plan that equips people with the appropriate knowledge, skills and competencies to embed behavioural change. Have the ability to distil complex technical programmes and cyber policies and initiatives into thought provoking learning outcomes for different audiences that resonate and develop knowledge. Building and managing a network of ‘culture influencers’ to support engagement across stakeholders.
Technology: Be proficient in the use of new technologies and learning advances and utilise these in delivering learning and awareness materials. Be familiar with the main development tools and the requirements for developing and deploying content via a learning management platformDesirable:
Learning advances: You should be aware of the latest thinking and practises regarding learning; elements such adaptive learning, micro-learning, game-based learning, spaced repetition and blended learning. Have the capability to produce and interpret accurate learning measurement information both quantative and qualitative, on a regular basis, to drive improvements and high engagement.
Safety: The safety of our people and customers is our highest priority. You will champion a philosophy of operational safety, ensuring understanding of bp’s digital security key rules by everyone who interacts digitally.
Team: Engage with colleagues and business to support those working across our multi-functional and diverse teams. To help teams grow and deliver the most agile and commercially beneficial solutions, whilst being able to delegate, inspire and be proactive, alongside your team. You will be working with SMEs with deep technical knowledge and your role will be to leverage this knowledge for the wider bp audience.
Communication: Exceptional written communication skills are essential to this role along with highly developed persuading and influencing skills, as you will be communicating across the entire organisation from C suite through operational sites and bp suppliers. You will have put together a learning strategy and delivered to plan.
You will have a tertiary level education and/or equivalent relevant work experience.
Essential experience and job requirements:
Extensive experience in the following:
- Previous experience in digital and/or cyber
- Change Management
- Communications specialist
- Information security
- Relationship Management
- Business Risk Management
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits:
- Demonstrated significant experience in either an internal or external digital transformation / change and awareness role
- Demonstrated significant experience in a digital focused learning development and strategy role
- Ideally you will have digital (cyber) security knowledge and experience in delivering behavourial change programmes
- Extensive experience and a consistent track record in establishing relationships to form effective partnerships with senior stakeholders across the business.
- Experience in building innovative and engaging communication campaigns and material, using multiple mediums. Partnered with agencies to develop campaigns and learning material.
A company culture where we respect our diverse teams and are proud of our achievements
Possibility to join social communities and networks
Learning and development opportunities to craft your career path
Life & health insurance, medical care package
And many others benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.
Apply now if this excites you!