The Digital Customer Identity & Protection portfolio is responsible for enablement of application teams to drive our digital customer identity journey. This underpins bp’s digital products and services for customers, a driving force as bp transitions into an Integrated Energy Company.
As an IS Engineering Specialist role, you will be responsible for privacy engineering, digital trust, and security engineering, for the global customer & consumer identity platform.
bp is reinventing itself and digital capability is at the core of this vision. Our Innovation and Engineering teams enable strategic platforms enable that future digital vision. The purpose of the platform team is to enable product teams to deliver work with substantial autonomy, focusing on the foundation of self-service API, tools, services, knowledge, and support which are arranged as a compelling internal product.
Join us and you’ll have an opportunity to use your existing experience and expertise whilst continuing to develop professionally at global level. Personal growth and development are encouraged and learning opportunities are plentiful. You are empowered to enable a great platform to delight your customers
If unlocking value by bringing teams together using digital capability excites you, we want you!
- Develop and implement solutions to ensure privacy policies are accurately implemented. The implementations should advance compliance with legal forms of data use as well as support business use of data.
- Work to align advanced technologies and Privacy by Design principles from the first stages of development and ensure that the customer data use meets established regulatory compliance needs.
- Collaborate with the platform engineering & DevOps team, to ensure that their design, data collection and usage practices are transparent and employ privacy features.
- Collaborate with usability team to ensure user-facing privacy controls are usable.
- Interacting with internal stakeholders including product development teams, legal, compliance, governance, digital security and data protection teams.
- Identity areas for improvement in managing data privacy including – technical solutions & systems to mitigate privacy vulnerabilities and prevent potential future privacy risks; and security & process controls to strengthen digital trust of customers towards bp’s brands.
- Enable the business to be data driven while protecting the data assets & customer identities.
- Use data anonymization, pseudonymization and encryption to develop systems that preserve and improve privacy protections.
- Guide the development of new privacy products and features.
- Performs regular privacy assessments of operational processes, identifying, and mitigating risks across the portfolio through effective tools, training, and guidance.
- Provides technical expertise in support of information security & risk activities for the Digital Customer Identity & Protection portfolio.
- Craft and deliver secure solutions to projects and products across the bp environment. You will manage the implementation and application of relevant security operating processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with other extended teams to operate investigations and incident response processes and provide a consistent response to cyber-based malicious activity/incidents for the digital customer identity portfolio.
- Own the security events incident management process including continuously identifying threat vectors, generating alert criteria, implementing into the security monitoring tool & operationalizing processes for reacting to alerts.
- Monitor system logs, security dashboard, and other security tools for unusual or suspicious activity, with an aim to automate newly detected scenarios.
Customer Identity Analytics
- Function as product owner for the Customer Identity Analytics solution, working with stakeholders to refine new business & security requirements, for implementation by the Identity Analytics team.
Education & Experience
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, privacy engineering or equivalent work experience. CIPT certification or equivalent, security or privacy certifications would be beneficial
- Experience in Privacy Engineering, Security Engineering and Digital Trust concepts in relation to Identity
- Understanding of Identity & Access Management, ideally Customer IAM
- Superb communication skills (verbal and written), ability to influence without authority.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills, in particular in leading or contributing to global and multi-functional teams. You will manage third party service providers that are helping to deliver related projects as the need arises.
- Develops positive relationships with other team members to drive privacy, security and innovation initiatives, and advise on information security and risks.
- Demonstrates adaptability & flexibility to respond to changing priorities, ideas & challenges.