Location: Sunbury, Surrey. bp is now operating a new hybrid working solution for office-based employees, with a split between remote and office working.
Closing Date: 19th October 2021
Relocation Available: Negotiable
The Technical Authority is accountable to their respective Lead Technical Authority. The individual accountabilities are the same as the team accountabilities:
- Provides a centralized pool of deep technical experts to conduct planned, D2D and structured assurance of mitigation and preventative barrier assurance of PBC+ risks.
- Performs assurance of barriers and underlying processes/systems (e.g. SV/OMS) for the Safety and operational risk assurance (S&ORA) Team (Regions).
- Strong familiarity with one Automation system, but working knowledge of all MACs & supporting PLCs e.g., Honeywell, Emerson-Delta V, Yokogawa, and Safety Instrumented Systems e.g., Triconex, Emerson-Delta V, etc.
- Understands management of these systems across their lifecycle (design requirements to conform with BP-standards and comply with Industry-Code, installation, commissioning, operations, maintenance, inspection/testing, and decommissioning), and applies that knowledge to assurance activities.
- Utilises performance data and trends from OMS/Reinvent team (e.g. barrier strength, HSE Performance) to inform planned assurance with appropriate cadence.
- Conducts focused D2D deep dives to assure process safety, integrity management and CoW.
- Presents an aggregated view of barrier performance both regionally and globally.
- Acts as subject matter expert in discipline for regional team.
- Works closely with Regional teams & OMS/Reinvent team in support of assurance planning, reporting and analysis.
- Supports the development of engineering technical practice.
- Develops common processes for the conduct of planned assurance in all regions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Flexible working arrangements will be considered.#LI-JH1
- CFSE and/or TUV FSEXP certification
- Chartered certification or PE license
- Significant work experience with automation and safety systems
- Deep knowledge of Functional Safety (IEC-61511) in theory and in execution
- Significant work experience in the field with instrumentation and controls, and safety systems
- Knowledge of project contractor management and quality assurance in the I&C area
- Knowledge of application of cyber security principles
- Strong knowledge of BP practices and standards, specifically: Cat 30
- Detailed knowledge of risk and OMS
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify linkages, opportunities to simplify and innovate
- Ability to collaborate and lead a multidiscipline assurance team
- Ability to develop relationships built on trust and professionalism
- Ability to influence
- Sense of proportion and knowing when to escalate
- Effective communication
- Assurance or auditing expertise
- Planning skills
- Capability development