Global Hardware Solutions (GHS) advances the drive towards smart standardisation of equipment and systems, supports innovative contracting, works across the business to support production and operations, new energy projects, hydrogen generation, sustainable aviation fuel production etc and manages the relationship with our key suppliers.
The C&I engineer will be part of the Instrument, control, electrical and telecoms squad within GHS and provide technical leadership to existing managed suppliers and help establish relationships and frameworks for new suppliers to meet business needs such as instrumentation for hydrogen and SCADA systems for the wind industry.
The engineer will also lead technical input to new technology assessments, hardware selection for projects and escalation with suppliers where required to support projects or operations.
- Deliver the technical requirements that underpin the agreements with supplier for control and instrumentation including company standard requirements and Functional Design Specifications.
- Work directly with MACs (Main Automation Contractors) and MIC (Main Instrument Contractors) on implementation of Joint Development Plans and provide technical input to MAC / MIC performance.
- Support the implementation of the Main Automation Contractor and Main Instrumentation Contractor strategy on projects.
- Work with projects, operations and suppliers to resolve control and instrument technical and supply issues as required.
- Provide technical input and look for assurance opportunities in the wind, solar, CCUS and hydrogen parts of the business.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline. Chartered Engineer or PE is favourable
- Proven discipline experience
- Experience in managing C&I packages on projects and attending FATs.
- Knowledge and experience of specifying and commissioning typical instrumentation in the oil and gas industry.
- Familiar with relevant international codes and standards.
- Experience of working with Contractors and Suppliers
- Delivery focused and able to demonstrate effective project technical management skills.
- Experience in working in FEED stages of a Project
- Experience of C&I/ICSS engineering and delivery from specification through to start-up
- Conversant with Alarm Management and Digital Security Requirements
- Knowledge of BP’s Engineering Technical Practices.
- Experience of working as part of a remote team with a collaborative approach to delivery
- Passion for Excellence in Project Delivery and Continuous Improvement
- Pragmatic decision maker, willing to challenge and ensure engineering value is delivered.
- Be self-motivated, delivery focused with a willingness to learn from others and work with minimum direction.
At bp, we provide phenomenal environment and benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, tremendous learning and development opportunities to craft your career path, life and health insurance, medical care package and many others! Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Reinvent your career as you help our business to meet the challenges of the future.