Responsible for providing Instrumentation & Control engineering support to projects or operations, including maintenance, inspection and turnaround, proactively interacting with other disciplines, teams, subfunctions and contractors to systematically resolve problems and applying basic engineering judgement to deliver integrated, pragmatic solutions focused on risk management, operating efficiency, defect elimination and standardisation.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join us and advance your career as anResponsible for providing Instrumentation & Control engineering support to projects and operations, including maintenance, inspection, and turnaround, proactively interacting with other disciplines, teams, subfunctions and contractors to systematically resolve problems and applying basic engineering judgement to deliver integrated, pragmatic solutions focused on risk management, operating efficiency, defect elimination and standardisation.Join us and make a difference by:
- Making our production and operations safer and more standardised
- Driving quicker reduction of our carbon emissions
- Growing cash returns and delivering improved reliability and optimisation
- Maximising efficiency through sharing resources
- Accelerating the digital transformation of our operating assets
- Developing our people faster, leveraging the scale of P&O
In this role You will:
- Develop and implement proposals to improve asset availability, reliability, and maintainability.
- Provide second-line technical support and expertise.
- Prepare, analyse, manage, optimize, and monitor preventive maintenance programs.
- Conduct and participate in bad actor elimination studies, Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), incident investigations, audits, benchmark studies, Reliability, Availability, Maintainability (RAM) studies.
- Participate in HAZOP, LOPA and SIL studies
- Ensure that Safety Instrumented Systems meet the functional safety standards throughout the safety life cycle.
- Provide input in Management of Change’s and ensures engineering design and documentation is provided where required.
- Introduce and review the Front-End Loading of projects and modifications from an engineering perspective (maintainability, availability and reliability requirements, standardization, and maintenance life cycle costs).
- Review and comment on the detailed engineering packages and deviations in projects and modifications.
- Technical review of requirements, engineering, and construction documents during project stage Gates.
- Contribute to the data integrity of the relevant discipline and asset.
We have the following requirements:
- Bachelor or Master in Instrumentation or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of refinery experience in instrumentation engineering and design.
- Proven experience in Instrument Engineering, preferably gained in a refinery.
- Adequate knowledge of relevant instrument design engineering practices and standards.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills to work effectively in/and across multi-functional teams and interface with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- English and Dutch language proficiency.