The Internal Control Manager will lead core internal Control Activity across Global Business Services (GBS), specifically the assessment of risks related to the business or process changes against the existing BP Group internal Control framework.
You will work directly with the Operational Excellence leads locally and globally to provide support and recommendations around the identified process risks and provide assurance to both BP and other key stakeholders around mitigation plans. You will also support the delivery of the GBS risk review Program. The role will lead local Asia Pacific (ASPAC) Control dashboard reporting and manage quarterly Due Diligence reporting process for both global GBS and ASPAC quarterly reporting requirements. Manage and lead incident reporting and resolution and work closely with local BP Control teams to manage sustainable outcomes. Key Business Continuity Plan (BCP) activity will also be supported by this role.
You will hold a close relationship with the BP embedded ARC control team and will partner with this team to ensure we standardize best practice and communicate ARC changes across the GBS team.
What you’ll bring
- Drive the simplification and standardization of key controls and internal control documentation across ASPAC, in line with Group requirements (CORES)
- Lead control implementations and recommendations on new business activities and projects in support of the ASPAC business strategy
- Lead and drive the provision of recommendations and mitigations to the identified risks as assessed against the key Control Framework.
- Manage Incident reporting process with the business for incidents impacting GBS ANZ & ASPAC.
- Understand the business to apply judgement in driving & prioritizing control activity
- Build and maintain effective working relationship with the business both onshore and offshore
- Act as the point of contact for the GBS Ethics and Compliance
- Work with and understand numerous systems including SAP, Business Warehouse (BW), and be aware of other interfaces and sources of postings
- Assessment of new process to BP for risks and understand the nature of the changes and the key challenges within those projects / implementations.
Benefits of working with us
- Minimum 6 years of experience in large corporate accounting environment
- Tertiary degree qualification in an accounting related field
- Strong analytical capability; able to translate data into insight
- Demonstrated ability to grasp complicated concepts quickly
- Highly team oriented, able to build working relationships across teams and functional borders
- High attention to detail, prioritisation skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Understanding contracts & nominations, SAP
- Understands the business as it relates to the control environment and control risks
- Able to assess a wide range of options and understand the consequences and impacts of their recommendations on people and processes.
BP is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in our workforce. BP Australia & New Zealand encourages women, people of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, Māori and Pacific Islander heritage and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. If this opportunity sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you. To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts. Please be aware that all bp ANZ employees must be Permanent Residents or Citizens of Australia or New Zealand
- Excellent work-life balance & flexible working arrangements
- Generous salary package including annual bonus program
- 12% superannuation
- Share options, and fuel discounts
- Collaborative environment that celebrates achievements, diversity, and culture
- Up to 18 weeks paid parental leave/4 weeks paid partner leave
- Career development and mentoring programs
- Collaborative team with a safety-first approach