Reporting to the Interventions Team Lead, the Interventions WSL Superintendent is accountable for supervising intervention and workover operations including, wireline, coil tubing, acid/scale squeeze and well integrity operations at our well sites. The Interventions Superintendent will have approximately 7 direct reports and although the work is primarily at the wellsite, some time may be required in the office undertaking operational planning, developing HSE and operational policy, practices and procedures, and project post appraisal. To deliver our outstanding portfolio of growth, we have a need for high caliber Interventions Supervisors.
Superintendents are accountable for all wellsite operations undertaken by bpx Operations in their assigned asset. The Superintendent will:
The Superintendent establishes the leadership culture for the field execution team:
Lead the team of Wellsite Leaders that oversee the safe execution of the work:
- Confirm compliance with bpx and contractor HSE policies and all regulatory requirements
- Demonstrate a high level of safety leadership by being visible on site and exemplifying a strong HSE focus
- Ensure that priorities are agreed and understood by the whole team on every site
- Build the execution plan and secure the necessary resources to deliver the development goals
- Support the utilization of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all completion activities
Coordinate with execution leadership, engineering, standards, and contractor partners to ensure that field execution safely delivers the business objectives:
- Manage the Wellsite Leader (WSL) team to provide safe and efficient field operations.
- Vet WSLs on the associated SOPs and operational knowledge through assessments
- Establish WSL work assignments based on WSL vetted operational proficiencies
- Perform spot checks of work activity to validate that work execution matches SOP guidance
- Routinely verify WSL documentation of daily activities and cost are accurately captured in Open Wells.
- Engage HSE advisors for additional support on high-risk operations.
Manage HSE or operational incidents, lessons learned and gaps that occur during completion operations:
- Collaborate with contractors to identify opportunities for improve both HSE and operational performance
- Communicate SOP improvement opportunities to leadership, engineering, and Standards.
- Share lessons learned within the wider bpx Energy community
- Participate in contractor SMS audits to ensure alignment with bpx HSE expectations.
Coordinate high risk activities with WSLs and HSE verifying the procedure and safe operations that do not fall under SOP’s or normal operations:
- Immediately report all HSE incidents to execution manager and coordinate with the HSE team
- Support the investigation of any incidents to ensure that full details are captured prior to resuming operations so that and effective investigation can be completed
- Openly communicate with HSE advisors completing the Well Site Verification (WSV)/ observations to better understand and address identified gaps and verifying efficient correction of issues.
- Periodically review WSV recorded gaps and incident information (leading/lagging indicators) for emerging or long-term trends and provide feedback to field personnel.
Salary Range -$
- Ensure that risk assessments are conducted for non-normal operations which are not covered in SOPs and identified mitigations are in place
- Engage HSE advisors for additional support on non-normal operations.