Responsible for supporting the team with accounting and reporting services related to product costing and inventory management, helping to ensure the integrity and effectiveness of accounting policy application, internal control, financial reporting, accounting systems support and delivery of financial accounting processes in conformance with BP's systems and requirements.
This position is located in our offices in Santa Fe, Mexico City and currently working on Hybrid schedule, 3 days in office, 2 days remote.
- Performs inventory management and accounting activities
- Calculate, validate & populate product costs in system
- Analyze and update the Product Purchase Variances (PPV)
- Gathers data and prepares statutory reports for inventory management
- Monitors inventory transactions and reports and reconciles inventory accounts in general ledger; reviews and ensures statutory reports are prepared in a timely manner
- Carry out timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial close processes in accordance with the group reporting manual and any other relevant standards in a timely and accurate manner.
- Contributes to creation of internal control measures for inventory accounting Identification and resolution of root cause errors
- Carry out balance sheet integrity and Cardex analysis for businesses
- Contribute to continuous improvement in accounting operational processes, process simplification and compliance through utilization of the key metrics and taking / recommending remediation action as required.
- Maintain strong professional relationships with relevant internal partners and external stakeholders
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Professional experience (+ 2 years) in Product Costing and Inventory Management
- Portuguese fluency, basic to intermediate level with reading, writing and conversational ability
- English fluency, basic to intermediated level with reading, writing and conversational ability
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Ability to meet month-end close and other deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills - attention to detail
- Team player attitude - ability to interact at all levels