Responsible for exploring and developing new business opportunities, managing the successful development of offers, building strong and effective relationships with appropriate partner/supplier contacts and project managing specific elements of strategic projects, whilst exercising a sound combination of commercial and technical rigor to help achieve BP's growth objectives.
About The Role:
The Joint Venture Commercial Manager is responsible for managing the relationship, governance and performance aspects of midstream joint ventures, as well as pursuing asset optimization strategies in Terminals and Pipelines!
- Effectively engage Senior Leadership, BPMP Management and conflicts committee as required.
- Support commercial negotiations with internal and external customers.
- Develop Authority to Negotiate (ATN), Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), LOI, Decision Support Packages (DSP) and Financial Memorandums (FM) for internal approval process.
- Generate ideas through external and internal networks to grow revenue with affiliates and third parties.
- Lead and direct cross functional project teams in initial stages of commercial project development.
- Lead sophisticated commercial negotiations with senior executives of affiliates, customers and/or partners.
- Prioritize multi-year growth and commercial investment plans.
- Use creativity, entrepreneurship, risk taking, marketing, and experience capture midstream opportunities.
- Provide communication of delivery progress to partners.
- Use In-depth knowledge of the Capital Value Process (CVP) to execute large commercial projects effectively.
- Provide oversight and coordination of the engineering scope, financial analysis, and the approval process for commercial projects.
- Coordinate with Engineering and Operation to accurately define project expectations for customers (scope, timing, options)
- Lead development of Gross Margin and volume forecast for Annual and Monthly Plan.
- Responsible for revenue generation for wholly owned and JV assets; drive tariffs, and actions.
- Work in partnership with Finance, Operations & all functions for delivery against the agreed Plan.
- Specialist on the asset contracts and relevant connection agreements; ensure contract requirements are being followed.
- Expert on the joint venture agreements; conduct board meetings on operated joint ventures and board rep on JV’s.
- Partner with shippers and affiliates; resolve commercial disputes with partners, shippers, or other 3rd parties.
- Use industry knowledge and affiliate relationships to build coordinated logistics value for the BP Group.
- Develop and manage affiliate Service level agreements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business subject area required.
- Deep market and competitive knowledge with demonstrated ability in the oil and gas industry strongly preferred
- Large and complex contract negotiation and commercial experience.
- Joint Venture management knowledge.
- Knowledge of Finance methodologies.
Considering Joining bp?
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. bp is committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, excellent retirement benefits, and more!