Aviation's vision is to be the fuel and services partner of choice for their customer. We are on a journey to transform our business to become more customer centric, higher performing and to play a key role in bp's net zero ambition.
This role is responsible for the for delivering the JV strategy and plans for this geography, as well as act as the custodian of certain other on-airfield agreements. This includes responsibility for the JV safety and cost management. The role has close interfaces with operations and the commercial team. The postholder manages Air bp’s interest in JVs and the relationship with other JV shareholders.
- Act as director or shareholder representative at selected Air bp’s Joint Ventures in theNorth West Europe. In this capacity provide;
- Leadership, Governance & Assurance
- HSSE Management / Operations Management
- Financial Control
- Customer Service
- People Management
- Legal Compliance / Commercial Management
- Represent BP’s interests as User and/or Customer and/or Owner and/or Shareholder at other operations in the North West Europe, as appropriate and with regard for eventual conflicts of interest
- Ensure due progress is made on JV compliance programmes (e.g. Business Risk Assessment, Operations/Product Quality Inspections, HSSE Audits, Commercial Audits, Competition Law, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Anti Money Laundering, Trade Sanctions).
- Oversee JV regional engineering projects and contractor management
- Own the NOJV Risk assessment and Exposure Management Plan
- Ensure performance management of capital plan, OAF costs and equity accounted income against annual targets
- Analyse JV KPIs against performance targets and/or benchmarks to identify opportunities for continuous improvement in JV performance (Quality Management, HSSE, cost efficiency, customer service level and people development/resourcing)
- Develop the business case for BP and joint venture investment projects and liaising with other BP functions including legal, tax, finance, treasury, ensure that investment cases are developed within the Capital Value Process and comply with BP's Economic Evaluation Methodology and Group Investment Group Investment Appraisal and Approval Procedures.
- Input into the Air bp strategy (where not in conflict as a board member) through development of growth opportunities and accurate and timely communication to ensure a one team approach. This includees, representing as approporiate the JV-area at ABM meetings, where all disciplines work together to enhance the performance and stay abreast of market developments.
- In crisis management situations, manage relationships with joint venture partners and airport authorities as well as liaising with internal stakeholders.
- Support the other members of the North West Europe Asset team in delivering on their accountabilities.
Job Holder Requirements (Minimum education, experience & capabilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in business discipline or engineering plus broad commercial and operations experience
- 5 years professional experience, prefereably in aviation in a commercial or operations environment
- Experience in establishing and maintaining a culture of high HSSE standards
- Experience in valuing diversity and establishing inclusive approach to leadership
- Experience in relationship management with third parties (eg suppliers, customers or joint-venture partners)
- Experience in working in multi-disciplinary teams, including experience in delivery through influencing as opposed to line-management
- Experience with bp’s investment governance processes, including Economic Evaluation Methodology
Skills & Competencies:
- Risk assessment and management
- Safety leadership
- Excellent relationship, interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to streamline and simplify work processes, foresee issues and provide quick resolution
- Proven strategic thinking capability plus demonstrable ability to translate into effective plans and delivery
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of Scandinavian language(s) desirable