Innovation & Engineering
Job Family Group:
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have around 60,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Innovation & Engineering function and advance your career as a
Junior QA Engineer (Pricing)
In this role You will:
- Support Pricing Product Manager and Technical leads in designing and execution test scenarios.
- Work with geographically diverse delivery groups (BA’s QA’s and Developers) and support teams to deliver solutions effectively and efficiently, following the change procedures for smooth and timely delivery of solutions.
- Work and contribute as part of team within agile methodology with collaborative approach to sharing ideas and maintain/participate the Kanban board, daily scrums, and retrospective meetings.
- Identify common issues across business groups and help design a standardized solution for all.
- Proactively identify risks, suggest fixes for defects and support timely resolution of critical production issues. Define and document standard run books and operating procedures. Create and maintain system information and architecture diagrams.
We have the following requirements:
- 1-2 years' experience of Automation Testing with Java and Selenium.
- Core hands-on experience with test automation tools like Selenium, Cypress and CI/CD pipeline tools (Jenkins, maven) and their integration with version control tools like GitHub etc.
- Hands on experience with SQL writing Queries to validate the data between the source and the target
- Should possess excellent communication skills and manage expectations with Product Manager and developers.
- Sound understanding of Behavioral driven frameworks using Specflow.
- An individual contributor who is proactive and takes the ownership.
- Excellent knowledge and experience working with test automation for testing different trading and shipping functionalities.
- Good hands-on in webapp and desktop UI automation, API Automation and performance testing
- Solid programming skills to create, maintain, and complete automated test scripts using various tools and frameworks.
- Work closely with Quality Analysts to get test coverage, and to triage test failures.
- Working within a defined Agile Kanban and/or Scrum frameworks and environment
- Coordinate between Scrum Master, Product owner and other team members to understand and articulate business requirement and convert them into project test scenarios.
- Maintaining backlogs, tasks, test reports and attending daily stand-ups
- Creating and driving different types of functional and nonfunctional test scenarios in Azure DevOps tool.
- Experience in development of automated test frameworks large datasets
- Experience working with NoSQL databases preferably Apache Cassandra.
- Prior experience with Refinitiv/Reuters market data provider.
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Flexible working schedule: home office up to 2 days / week, based on team agreement
- Opportunity to build up long term career path and develop your skills with wide range of learning options
- Family friendly workplace e.g.: Extended parental leave, Mother-baby room
- Employees’ wellbeing programs e.g.: Employee Assistance Program, Company Recognition Program
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in our beautiful Budapest Agora and Szeged offices e.g.: Play Zones, Office massage, Sport and music equipment
- Assets like phone for private usage and company laptop are provided from the first day of employment with other equipment if requested
bp Hungary won the Most Attractive Employer 2023 Award (SSC / BSC sector) third time in a row at PwC's annual employer research. Come and join us!
No travel is expected with this role
This role is not eligible for relocation
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
Business Acumen, Commercial acumen, Communication, Data Analysis, Data cleansing and transformation, Data domain knowledge, Data Integration, Data Management, Data Manipulation, Data Sourcing, Data strategy and governance, Data Structures and Algorithms, Data visualization and interpretation, Digital Security, Extract, transform and load, Problem Solving
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.