The Front End Developer will deliver high quality coding capability and support within Commodities Trading (LNG). Our key partners are trading, trading analytics and origination.
You will work with the Lead Developer and Lead UX on design, development and maintenance of UI enhancements and defect fixes to agreed code and quality standards across the entire breadth of the LNG Front Office system landscape.
You will have experience of delivering major project deliveries. You will engage with a diverse range of people, building positive relationships within IT and with our business partners, across various geographies, skillsets and seniority within the organisation. As such, it is vital that the applicant possesses exceptional communication skills and can explain both technical concepts to non-technical audiences and business strategy to technology teams.
BP is a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are proud of our fairness, equal opportunity and meritocracy which allow our employees to reach their full potential.
• Build, test and deploy maintainable UI and services
• Work collaboratively with UX, BA and Dev leads to develop high level design
• Work closely with product owners, traders and senior leaders to implement project objectives
• Produce design artefacts to describe key components and interactions for development by self and team
• Development of robust and maintainable software solutions and associated unit tests
• Development of spikes for evaluation of solutions to trial business value and prove concepts
• Demonstration and documentation of evidence to demonstrate Acceptance Criteria.
• Participation in daily scrum to update progress on tasks.
• Participation in sprint ceremonies (retro, planning etc.) to decompose stories/PBIs into tasks
• Support of End to End testing with external systems and components
• Enjoy working within a dynamic technical landscape comprising legacy monoliths to microservices
• Understand, appreciate, and follow the Scrum framework, TDD, BDD and continuous integration systems
• Be open to change and a strong advocate for innovative technology and methods.
Degree educated or equivalent
Essential experience and job requirements
• React > 16.8: A very good understanding of state management with hooks and Redux is expected
• Styled Components
• Yarn / NPM
• Unit testing with Jest and Testing Library
• Integration testing with Cucumber and Puppeteer
Desirable criteria & qualifications
• Commodity experience, ideally in LNG, gas, power, coal and carbon
• Good understanding of messaging systems and protocols such as SOAP, REST, HTTP, TCP.
• Experience delivering solutions using container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift.