Responsible for managing regional direct sales activities, delivering the strategic plan to meet the business' growth aspirations and supporting the development of sales direct/B2B strategies to maximise profitability and Business to Business (B2B) sales opportunities. The scope of the role will influence the grade – this can include financial accountability, geographical scope, leadership responsibilities and overall level of responsibility.
- The Key Account specialist is responsible for the sales and relationship management with selected key account customers. The role is accountable for driving growth with key customers measured through Sales Volume, Turnover and Cash delivered.
- This role develops and implements the account strategy to achieve medium / short term business objectives
- Accountable for financial delivery results from the assigned Key accounts
- Construct and understand the overall KA contact map; build positive relationship with senior management team through various event, meeting, and work shops
- Build and maintain a strong pipeline of accounts to deliver volume, NTO & new customer acquisition objectives. Apply CRM to document customer activities’
- Get along with regional sales and function team to deliver and modify the value proposition crafted for the KAs (include but not limited to product, application, service, strategy alliance, co-development, and senior strategy partnership), and ultimately bring balanced and profitable growth to Castrol Industrial
- Set growth target for each key account and highlight resource plan for the execution; develop and keep strategic account plan up to date
- Design milestone for each growth project with clear growth target; Project manage these milestones with high efficiency by applying project management principles and engaging different partners
- Connect with both external and internal partners on progress, barriers, and resource concerns; be resourceful to leverage resources to solve problems so as to move the project forward
- Keep informed about the industry trend, customer insight, and technology developments; communicate these findings properly through different channel so to improve the total offer for the key accounts and secure internal resources (include but not limited to new product development and total offer enhancement)
- Ensure all the business activities conform to BP’s code of conduct, country legislative requirements as well as BP strict Health, Safety and Environment policies
Skills & Competencies
- Minimum Graduate in Engineering with business degree preferred
- 8 + years of experience in Sales / Marketing including exposure to Industrial product sales.
- 3 + years in managing relationships in large accounts – National / Transnational
- Account strategy & business planning
- Negotiating Value
- Internal functional navigation in the service of customer
- Customer relationship management
- Consultative selling skills