Trading & Shipping
Job Family Group:
Supply & Trading Group
The Low Carbon Commercial Origination Analyst will commercially support origination of compliance and voluntary carbon offsets and options for LCT. The role will be an integral part of the origination team, and will contribute directly to the P&L of this activity. This role manages across the entire scope of origination activity in LCT, both across managing the existing portfolio of long-term offtakes with real optionality, and in pursuit of new opportunities in line with the strategy and resource allocation. LCT is a distributed team working in London, Chicago, Houston, Calgary, and Singapore.
- Support the sourcing, origination and delivery of commercial transactions, showing decision making, commercial insights and deal structuring
- Grow in-depth knowledge of our various Carbon Offset offtake contracts to be able to advise optimal allocations
- Ensure LCT project and risk management systems remain fit for purpose and efficient, providing trust in LCT primary projects to enable efficient management of the portfolio and providing enhanced value to the business
- Provide project and risk management expertise for all current LCT primary projects to include operational changes, forecast adjustments and changes to delivery dates, providing updates to the business and ensuring systems accurately reflect the changes. This includes providing commercial insight with these changes and communicating the exposure and P&L impacts associated with them. This also includes building a proactive relationship with the Center of Excellence team with respect to managing the primary project portfolio
- Support Originators in developing new projects including review of the regulations and rules as well as aid in creating commercial structures
- Support the contracting and invoicing of offset projects third party assurance services
- Manage a comprehensive origination support model to support our North American LCT origination activity - from prospecting to post-contract customer service
- Support the Originators to create a pipeline of opportunities – across both compliance and voluntary – at different stages of development while ensuring delivery of priority deals; manage and maintain forward deal pipeline in Salesforce Customer Relationships Manager (CRM).
- Act as Relationship Manager Delegate for a key Medium Risk Agent relationship (Finite Carbon) with complex ongoing operational requirements
- Provide excellent support for our customers and take lead to resolve operational and administrative issues. Develop deep relationships with key functional teams (e.g. Legal, Credit, GBS) in service of this accountability.
- Provide support to the commercial teams during the Assurance & Approval process to facilitate selection of the best growth opportunities for bp
- Support linkage to functions (legal, compliance, Finance, Tax, Planning, commercial development) to address any deal issues and resolve obstacles
- Provide and share market intelligence and information flows to the trading benches
- Build processes to maximize the optimization value of the offset portfolio and manage contract optionality and also provide insight to origination team as what structures improve portfolio value
- Ensure adherence with the Code of Conduct
- Assure adherence to legal and regulatory environment in which the origination business operates
- At least 2-5 years of relevant energy industry experience
- Strong ability to interact and communicate across multiple interfaces and team members
- Ability to successfully prioritize and complete tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with and interpret large data sets with acute attention to detail
- Passion to identify process efficiencies and implement change
- Great teammate with interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain a network of contacts internally and externally to support role accountabilities
- Advanced skills working with MS Excel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Why join bp:
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others!
Negligible travel should be expected with this role
Relocation may be negotiable for this role
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.