Co-ordinates the day-to-day operational activities of owned, time and voyage charter ships, ensuring compliance with the agreed charter party terms.
The Global LNG Operations Team is responsible for the scheduling, logistics and all other operational aspects of all physical LNG cargoes. The operational activities require collaboration with bp’s LNG traders, other GPTI teams and supporting functions, as well as significant liaison with our trading counterparties.
In order to support the increased volumes and asset activity generated from strategic growth, the LNG Book is recruiting a new Cargo Operator in Singapore who will report into the LNG Global Cargo Operations Manager.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a good understanding of shipping and operational aspects of all LNG sales and purchase contracts
- Ensure all assurance aspects of LNG shipping have been carried out
- Issue documentary instructions and other shipping as required to the contractual chain, including Shipping Teams and LNG terminals as appropriate
- Ensure letters of credit and parent company guarantees are in place where required
- Appoint independent surveyors to witness cargo loadings and discharges
- Manage the flow of cargo documents along the commercial chain
- Receive and analyse cargo load and discharge reports to ensure integrity of cargo quantity and quality
- Enter/actualise operational information in the Titan trading system
- Monitor and calculate demurrage as incurred
In addition there will be opportunities for individuals to participate in and/ or lead on a range of business development/continuous improvement projects. Experience is required in the following areas:
• Operational environments requiring excellent attention to detail, excellent organisational skills, the ability to effectively prioritise tasks and work under pressure.
• Developing external and internal relationships where you have demonstrated strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills and a willingness to support others.
• Working in an environment requiring a deep understanding of the commercial drivers.
• Previous experience of delivering process/continuous improvement solutions.
• The role also requires a willingness to be contactable out of office hours to meet operational requirements should the need arise.Technical competencies:
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Contracts/Legal: ability to to identify operational impacts of activities on contract and ensure BP/counterparties deliver their obligations.
• Understanding of compliance and legal requirements to maintain license to operate.