Grade H - Responsible for delivering relevant analysis and modelling to provide commercial insight, utilising relationships to stay up to date with internal developments in statistical techniques, whilst identifying process improvements and applying insights from the external environment.
About the opportunity:
In 2020, we announced an exciting new strategy, reimagining bp from an integrated oil company to an integrated energy company. Identified as one of the integrator business groups, Trading and Shipping (T&S) will play a key role in helping bp transform and deliver on its NetZero ambitions by linking businesses across the energy value chains. T&S is bp's face to the traded markets in oil, gas, power, bio, low-carbon and finance. We work in the world's most multifaceted market environments, applying trading, supply, risk management and information technology skills to what we do.
The LNG market has been developing rapidly and now provides a mechanism for gas-on-gas competition between regional markets. bp has been leading this change through its distinct LNG portfolio. The LNG Book in T&S optimises bp’s advantaged portfolio of assets. We are a highly valuable contributor to T&S and one of the four strategic pillars selected by leadership for its future growth potential as we focus on reimaging energy for the future.
About the role:
The LNG Trading Analyst will develop innovative tools and analysis to enable the trading team in delivering the best value from our portfolio.
Reporting into the Manager LNG Atlantic Trading Analytics, you will...
- develop knowledge of LNG pricing clauses, structures and optionality to model contracts.
- generate deal economics, cargo pricing, exposure changes and identification of market opportunities. Provide commentary with data output, including key assumptions, PnL and exposure output, sensitivities and caveats.
- support the team to streamline our suite of tools and models to remain nimble and maximise value from our contracts. This includes driving systems improvements from a Front Office perspective.
- bolster the team’s operational processes to ensure we are reporting the optimal PnL and exposure. You will co-ordinate system updates with other teams and provide clear communication to enable accurate hedging.
- collaborate closely with LNG operations and trading, on portfolio optimisation suggestions and development of optimisation tools.
- a strong grasp of physical and financial trading concepts.
- evident background in analytics, with a confidence for manipulating large, sophisticated data sets.
- experience pulling together accurate information in a timely manner.
- organized with the ability to control conflicting priorities in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- a positive, solution-focused approach to difficult situations - someone who is comfortable in the absence of a definite framework.
- experience with assimilating multi-layered and ambiguous data to identify issues and aid decision making.
- a motivated collaborator who believes in the value of teamwork.
About us:At bp, we provide a phenomenal environment and benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, tremendous learning and development opportunities to craft your career path, life and health insurance, medical care package and many others! Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
- LNG or Gas product knowledge.
- experience with optimisation of commodities and assets.
- front office trading book experience.
- knowledge and application of Python or similar programming language.