Responsible for managing a team to deliver product quality management in BP's supply chain, whilst developing the team's technical capabilities to reduce product quality risk and improve quality assurance performance to ensure the safety and reliability of operations.
Purpose of role:
To facilitate plant awareness and practice of the Company Quality Policy. To act as the principal authority for the plant in relation to the safety process in laboratory & quality of raw materials, finished product and processes. To manage the education and installation process of the Plant in relation to ISO 9002 principles and the certification process.
Key Results/ Accountabilities:
Legally Required Training & Accountabilities:
- To take overall responsibility for delivering the departments functional goals including financial and people development
- Ensuring that all products and ingredients pass spec against fusion data base & GLT requirements
- Manage & ensure the formulation align with fusion & GLT manual.
- Provide ‘Used Oil Analysis’ for Sales and Marketing.
- Responsible for the management of the Inter Laboratory Precision Monitoring Scheme.
- Prepare, present and review Capex proposals for new Quality related equipment with Manufacturing Manager.
- Lead and ensure the quality activity align in accordance with ISO 9000 are maintained and completed.
- Ensure Daily/Weekly Operating Report is completed for the Weekly Quality Performance Review Meeting and the Weekly Plant Performance Review Meeting.
- To supervise employees in the section/department to follow and comply with the quality and environmental policies.
- To ensure the equipments have been inspected, maintenance and tracking record according to IM operational control ,in-line with OEM recommended and COW.
- Identify weaknesses in process designs and operational procedures with supporting by EA to safety as BP /OEM guildline.
- To execute the compliance task according to legal requirement, reporting and carry out any corrective actions due to incompliance matter.
- Ensure an adequate internal audit system ( BP plant & 3 rd party plants ) is implemented across the business to facilitate continuous improvement
Experience & Expertise:
- Coordinate to get hazardous letter /brake down component from GPS team and pass to Plant admin for registration hazardous substance to comply with Hazardous substance ACT B.E. (ประกาศกระทรวงอุตสาหกรรม เรื่อง บัญชีรายชื่อวัตถุอันตรายพ.ศ. 2556 )
- Notification of Ministry of of Defence with chemical weapons (พระราชบัญญัติ วัตถุอันตราย (ฉบับที่ ๓))พ.ศ. 2551 ) report volume for a specific lab chemical according to hazardous substance( sulphur dioxide in Karl fisher reagent )
- Coordinate for Picasso process with regional team
- Support to register 4 stoke to meet legal requirement whenever Marketing inform to lab & coordinate with GLT to get data for registration under Ministry of Energy (Notification of the Department of Energy Business Specification for Appearance and Quality of Engine Oils- เรื่อง กำหนดลักษณะและคุณภาพของน้ำมันหล่อลื่น พ.ศ 2554)
- Waste task should dispose within legal time frame for compliance under Ministry of industrial (เรื่อง การกำจัดสิ่งปฏิกูลหรือวัสดุที่ไม่ใช้แล้ว พ.ศ. 2548 ) & align with CTM tracking in OMS on line procedure
- B.Sc. in Chemistry and at least 5 year experience An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Excellent working knowledge of the operation and routine maintenance of laboratory equipment and apparatus together with good working knowledge of safety measures related to the operation of the Chemistry laboratory.
- Good working knowledge of English (written and verbal).
- Six Sigma training/qualification is desired Ability to comprehend technical information related to equipment, processes, and regulatory expectations.
- Experience with participation in regulatory inspections presenting or defending departmental functions in audits or regulatory inspections