The role of Laboratory Technician I is primarily responsible to analyze and monitor all samples to
support plant operations. He/She is required to work on shift, should be able to work
independently and will provide backup and backed up by Laboratory Technician II.
- The Laboratory Technician I will support the goals and programs established by the analytical and
- quality services team to continually improve the company’s products and processes.
- The Laboratory Technician I shall perform basic instrument calibration and maintenance, maintain program and update records.
- Analyse and monitor the overall quality of in-coming raw materials, locally manufactured products, third parties manufactured products, imported products and internal standards according to test methods and set specifications
- Conduct trial blend and analyse new product ulation
- Analyse imported finished good, customer complaint samples due oil quality problem, and also analyse other samples and help in other areas when required.
- Report all test results in a precise, accurate and timely manner
- Enter density test results in JDE software
- Generate Certificate of Quality/Analysis (COQ/COA) for finished products
- Check and inform all pending and bad reports to QC Chemist
- Amend Work Order Part List from JDE software for blend correction purpose
- Cascade blends correction instruction when required.
- Ensure the correction amount is within the limit set in the Master Formulation and GLT QA Manual requirements.
- Perform instrument monitoring using internal standards.
- Perform instrument calibration with standard solutions.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance for instrument according to schedule.
- Prepare chemical solutions, standards and reagents, utilities like distilled water and other items required for analysis use.
- Keep proper recording for chemical and standard preparations.
- Keep record and stock of laboratory supplies/chemicals and coordinating the purchasing, receiving and storing processes.
- Draft any procedures and work instructions pertaining to the laboratory works and activities.
- Monitor sampling process of bulk base oil delivery at the port.
- Maintain good laboratory practice by keeping the work area clean, neat and safe at all time.
- Inspect gas cylinders and changed when pressure reaches a certain minimum level
- Ensure laboratory wastes are properly disposed and labelled.
- Makes good use of discretionary time adding value to the business.
- To carry out any other tasks or initiation projects deemed necessary by the QA/QC Manager or QC Chemist or his/her representative in the interest of the company.