The Land Negotiator is primarily responsible for securing access to oil and gas rights in support of the exploration and development of hydrocarbons.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- provides guidance and advice to a multi-discipline sub-surface team in the development of prospect and play access in the Haynesville in East Texas and North Louisiana.
- develops relationships within the oil and gas industry to facilitate partnering and trade opportunities.
- actively participates in the areas of deal development, deal structure, negotiations and the drafting of commercial oil and gas agreements including farmouts/farmins, joint operating agreements, development agreements, oil and gas leases, and assignments.
- ensures that commercial transactions are documented and communicated internally to ensure production and reserves are accurately and timely accounted for within the hydrocarbon value chain.
- manages and coordinates field brokerage work including title and related negotiations and activities.
- is able to timely deliver drill-ready projects in coordination with internal exploration and/or development groups.
- is able to understand and analyze complex issues, using data analytics where possible, to identify alternatives and select an appropriate course of action to achieve desired outcome.
- has exceptional communication skills, communicates with clarity and integrity, and understands the need for constant and consistent dialog.
- has good interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and teamworking skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of in-house subsurface land negotiations experience. AAPL member required; RL or RPL preferred.
- Experience drafting, negotiating, and interpreting leases and agreements preferred.
- North Louisiana experience preferred.
- BBA or BS in Petroleum Land Management/Energy Management, business, or related field.
We offer a reward and wellbeing package to enable your work to fit with your life. These can include, but not limited to, access to health, vision and dental insurance, flexible working schedule, paid time off policy, discretionary annual bonus program, long-term incentive program, and a generous 401K matching program. How much do we pay (Base)? $96,000 - $147,000
*Note that the pay range listed for this position is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting.