We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our P&C Team and advance your career as an
In this role You will:
• Execute timely monthly, quarterly and annual close processes, and accurate reporting in accordance with finance standards and practices for GBS Central, Global Solution and P&C teams within the ARC team
• Provide assurance on actuals and accruals and provide commentary on changes and explain variances
• Support global intercompany processes / Group recharges processes where relevant working closely with counterparties to ensure the correct treatment and resolve disputes
• Participates in Master data management - maintain cost structures and hierarchies, in line with Aurora solution and global chart of accounts
1. Application of accounting policy and Financial Integrity
• Ensures that the Group reporting manual is properly applied at the local entity level
• Oversees and validates reporting for the assigned GBS Centers and provides assurance to the Global ARC Manager on the integrity of the financial reports.
• Ensuring adherence to the financial standardisation agenda across GBS
2. Financial Reporting
• Ensures financial reporting meets the requirements for Group reporting including timeliness of data submissions, validation checks and ‘Additional and Supplementary’ data.
• Ensures requirements of all local legislation over financial reporting, accounting and control are met.
• Accountable for assuring the accuracy & completeness of the actuals.
3. Control and Risk Framework
• Support the ARC Manager on the control agenda across the local entity(ies) (DD, BSI)
We have the following requirements:
• Recognised national professional accountancy qualification e.g. ACCA, CPA. or working towards this.
• Fluency in “business English” is mandatory.
• Understanding of how BP’s Financial control & Accounting processes and systems operate including key interfaces with other Corporate & Functions departments and with GBS
• Experience of reporting and MI processes (actuals, RF & plan)
• Proven track record demonstrating ability to interact with people at all levels within the organisation
• A strong understanding of IT&S infrastructure (SAP, experience of working with FBW & EP2)
• Looks for ways to do things better, faster and more efficiently, and drive continuous improvement
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
• A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
• Possibility to join our social communities and networks
• Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
• Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
• Wide range of cafeteria elements
• Life & health insurance, medical care package
• Company laptop
• Phone for private usage
• Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement