Work with the Scrum team on continuous story grooming and provide guidance on future stories.
- Facilitate product roadmaps, vision, requirements through meetings and workshops at all user and management levels via design thinking and agile business analysis principles.
- Define baselines, measures, and interdependencies of value streams to drive benefits realization
- Work closely with the Product Owner to lead conflict resolution and obtain global agreement.
- Be familiar with all Scrum ceremonies, roles and responsibilities.
- Define and write User Stories and Acceptance Criteria.
- Take ownership of the product backlog grooming.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and the team to prioritize the product backlog.
- Help define sprint goals and facilitate Agile ceremonies to ensuring objectives are met.
- Validate that delivered software meets the stated user story acceptance criteria.
- Organize sprint reviews with Product Owners to provide visibility and collect feedback.
- Facilitate dependencies, risks and issues across team utilizing scrum of scrum techniques for effective mitigation.
- Facilitate effective deployment by mapping change impact and change management success criteria for users
Essential Education/ Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Tertiary education and/or equivalent relevant work experience
- Practitioner agile business analysis/agile analysis
- Proven business analysis experience, preferably in an Agile environment
- Good leadership and communication skills to present and articulate at all levels of the organization.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Track record of good interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work within a virtual global team environment
- Self-motivated to work with limited direction
- Ideally experience with TFS or similar tools such as Jira/ ADO etc
- Experience of delivering requirements in Cloud environments
Leadership and EQ:
Cultural fluency – able to operate successfully across cultural boundaries with sensitivity.
- Embraces a culture of change and agility, evolving continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- Effective team player naturally looks beyond own area/organisational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others, and builds trust-based relationships with leaders and employees across IT&S and BP.
- Is self-aware and actively seeks input from others on impact and effectiveness.
- Applies judgment and common sense at scale – able to use insight and good judgement to deliver commercially sound, efficient and pragmatic decisions and solutions and to respond to situations as they arise.
- Ensures personal compliance with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrates strong leadership of BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.