At bp, we’re reimagining energy for people and our planet. With operations working across almost every part of the energy system, we’re leading the way in reducing carbon emissions and developing more sustainable methods for solving the energy challenge.
We’re a diverse team of engineers, scientists, traders and business professionals determined to find answers to problems that must be solved. But we know we can’t do it alone. We’re looking for people who share our passion for reinvention to bring a new perspective, collaborative spirit, and to challenge our thinking in our ambition to achieve net zero!
About the role
Reporting to the Commercial Development Senior Manager, the Commercial Development Lead is a commercial support and control position within Gas & Power Trading – Americas (GPTA) Finance. This person will work and network independently with key partners. The position offers an excellent opportunity to develop leadership and strategic thinking skills while growing networks within the commercial, functional and technical subject areas. It will be accountable for facilitating origination and delivery of functional assurances related to business growth and strategic opportunities by:
- Providing insight for structuring transactions and identifying risks.
- Linking the various commodity and asset business partner strategies.
- Supporting the development of regional cross commodity strategies.
- Assessing strategic fit, key risks and economic attractiveness.
- Expediting relevant functional assurance & management approvals.
- Managing the process required to operationalize approved deals
- Manage implementation of commercial opportunities from inception through operation, including developing a project plan, guiding relevant resources throughout the process, and ensuring successful commercial delivery
- Provide input into deal structure and terms to maximize benefits for bp
- Maintain working relationships with commercial and functional teams across bp businesses to collect relevant input to business cases and to provide decision makers with balanced information about potential deals
- Drive functional assurance commensurate with the risk of the growth activity effectively identifying risks and risk mitigations to decision makers
- Support implementation of major endorsed commercial strategies
- Provide support in executing the Assurance and Approval Operating Standard by supporting the Senior Manager of Commercial Development in the preparation of business cases (AtNs and FMs), economics, and approval documents that follow bp standards and facilitate selection of the best growth opportunities for bp
Are you full of energy and passion towards new challenges? Ideal candidates will have a Bachelors degree with at least 5+ years’ experience in a Finance, Project Management, or Commercial role. Excellent verbal and written communication, strong project management skills and the ability to coordinate activities across multi-disciplinary teams without formal authority is vital to succeed in this role. Comprehensive understanding of project economics and key controls used in Trading & Shipping to mitigate risks would greatly benefit the role holder. Familiarity with balance sheet analysis and approaches to funding projects and companies will help as well.
Why join us
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others!