Trading and Shipping (T&S) is bp's face to the traded markets in oil, gas, power, chemicals and finance. T&S’s role is to enhance Group value through distinctive supply, commodity trading, risk management and information technology skills underpinned by a world class finance, control and compliance infrastructure. T&S has a dynamic and highly skilled workforce, which creates value by combining analysis and commercial innovation with the material asset base of bp.
Commercial Development team (CD) exists to enable commercial growth opportunities by supporting deal shaping, providing independent challenge and clearly articulating risks and rewards to allow sound business decisions. CD team project manages individual deals, exhibiting deep ownership and understanding of the business opportunity. CD team ensures that business cases are expedited through the organization and help Originators in developing deals and commercial agreements that align with internal requirements. CD team coordinates business approvals and ensures effective engagement with internal stakeholders and fit for purpose assurance.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to develop leadership and strategic thinking skills while expanding networks within the commercial and technical disciplines, and is ideal for an individual looking to obtain deeper commercial exposure.
Education/ Experience and Job Requirements
- Support senior management decision making by providing insight for the selection, shaping and endorsement of the right deals
- Visibly demonstrate leadership on key commercial opportunities from inception through operations, including developing a project plan, guiding relevant resources throughout the process, and ensuring successful commercial delivery
- Commercial partner working with Origination assisting in the development of external agreements
- Project manage and provide input to the development of Functional, Control, and Financial framework for new strategic growth activity to provide transparency, assurance, and clarity to facilitate the progression of strategic growth initiatives
- Provide input into deal structure and terms to maximize bp benefits and help Originators develop a powerful business case
- Own connectivity to the bench operating boards and be the single point of contact for commercial activity triggered by Trading and Origination
- Provide linkage and engagement with other business functions such as Legal, E&C, Commodity Risk, Credit, Settlements, Planning, Treasury and I&E to facilitate business efficiencies for Trading and Origination.
- Ensure nimble delivery of complex activity while adhering to the T&S control framework (e.g. Assurance and Approval, CVP, Major Project and GIAAP guidelines) via fit for purpose assurance
- Provide support in executing business cases (LTAs, NAIs, AtNs and FMs), economics, and approval documents that comply with bp standards
- Deal monitoring through the new deal approval lifecycle to highlight amendments and track actions
- Post deal execution monitoring, performance reporting, review and boundary tracking
- Liaise with internal stakeholder for successful delivery of transformation projects and the integration of new business activities
- Leverage on successes and experience on the global CD network
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA advantageous
- 5-10 years of experience in commercial delivery, finance, trading and supply related roles
- Very strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- High level of competence in understanding and presenting executive management information
- Demonstrated ability to influence outcomes through inquiry and problem solving
- Strong project management skills and the ability to coordinate activity across multidisciplinary teams
- Strong commercial acumen with quantitative toolkit
- Ability to work with people at all levels and across organization