Global Concept Development and New Energy (GCD&NE) is the centre of expertise within Production & Operations for appraisal management and concept development engineering. The Lead Development Engineer works in the pre-Projects and Concept Development stages and is a key leadership role in all aspects of front end project delivery.
The Lead Development Engineer provides conceptual solutions for the evaluation and selection of safe, competitive, reliable and compliant development plans. The role is full-time and based in bp’s Baku Office.
This role can have line and delivery management responsibilities for others working in the pre-Projects and Concept Development phases of projects, as appropriate.
The Lead Development Engineer is accountable to the GCD Engineering Discipline Lead and the project Appraisal General Manager for:
- Defining and delivering the multi-discipline engineering workscope for project opportunities in the pre-Projects, Concept Development and early Optimize phases of projects
- Technical leadership of projects in the front-end loading/process development aspects of BP’s staged gate project management process.
- Leading technical integration on the project between disciplines (e.g. the subsurface, wells and engineering).
- Provide technical input to Tier 1 and 2 decisions to optimize the concepts and select the technology.
- Support implementation of integrity management with respect to engineering design and operations.
- Support the implementation of the HSSE requirements for the projects.
- Work closely with the project and functional teams to ensure optimal process design and incorporation of BP standards.
It would be essential to have: