Our purpose is to bring together people, energy and markets to power and navigate a changing world.
In a time of constant change and possibility we need new talent to pursue commercial opportunities, fueled by world-class insight and expertise. We’re always striving for more innovative digital solutions, sustainable outcomes and closer collaboration across our company and beyond, and you could be part of that too. Together we continue to grow as the world’s leading energy company!
The Central Authorities team within the Safety & Operational Risk Assurance (S&ORA) organization comprises of a centralized pool of deep technical specialists to conduct planned, day-to-day, and structured assurance of mitigation and preventive barriers associated with high consequence risks. This team:
- Performs assurance of barriers and underlying processes and systems (e.g. Self-Verification (SV)/Operating Management System (OMS))
- Utilizes performance data and trends (e.g. barrier strength, Health Safety Security Environmental (HSSE) Performance) to inform planned assurance with appropriate cadence
- Works closely with regional and other central S&ORA teams in support of assurance planning, reporting and analysis
The Lead Operations Technical Authority reports to the VP Central Authorities and leads a team of 2 Operations Technical Authorities. In addition to the Central Authority team accountabilities, the accountabilities specific to the role are:
- Directing activity of business facing Operations Authorities with reference to safety barrier assurance
- Communicate concerns from other central S&ORA teams to business facing OAs to investigate
- Lead (and coordinate the input of other teams) on the planned assurance of P8 (response to alarms), P10 (critical procedures), P11 (abnormal condition) and P13 (isolation, intervention & reinstatement) barriers
- Act as operations subject matter authority within S&ORA
- Develop common processes for the conduct of assurance of operations in all regions
- Present an aggregated view of “operations” barrier performance both regionally and globally
- Conduct planned and/or structured assurance of “operations” per the annual assurance plan in coordination with the S&ORA regional teams
Ideal candidates will have deep operations knowledge and experience, including detailed knowledge of risk management and Operating Management Systems. The Lead Operations Technical Authority will have the ability to collaborate, influence, and develop relationships built on trust and professionalism. Strong analytical skills with ability to identify linkages, opportunities to simplify and innovate are key skills required for this position. Assurance or auditing expertise, HSSE/process safety experience, and planning skills would be helpful to ensuring success in this role. The role holder will need to build capability within the team, including direct management of 2 employees, and empower the team to succeed.
Why join us
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.