Innovation & Engineering
Job Family Group:
Work directly with the client gathering requirements to align technology with business strategy and goals. Expert knowledge of energy trading and risk management processes across front, middle, and back- office functionalities with extensive Power Commodity trading experience. Background in supporting Trading in the following market (ERCOT/Tx, PJM, CAISO, NEISO, NYISO, MISO and SPP) with and emphasis in integrating, enhancing, and maintaining Scheduling Tools. Detail understanding of how to gather business requirements and create formal business cases, user stories and design documentation. Proven experience using Agile project management principles, leading, and guiding delivery through the entire system life cycle. Experiences building and support complex Data Models with knowledge/understanding on database design and writing queries.
Essential experience and requirements
- 7-10 years, direct functional and technical experience in support CTRM (Commodity Trading and Risk management systems) and Scheduling systems
- 7-10 years of experience with RDMS
- Strong functional understanding of North American Energy trading end to end business processes.
- Strong functional understanding of North American ISO Markets with an emphasis on Scheduling
- Knowledge of deal lifecycle, CTRM systems including but not limited to position reporting, deal modelling, risk valuation, invoicing, settlements, scheduling and pricing.
- Should have experience in managing an end-to-end delivery of trade capture system.
- Should have experience in system integration standard processes specifically for power operations (Scheduling /Bidding/Auction/Rewards/ ISO integration). Knowledge of corresponding domain information tying back to database attributes required.
- Strong knowledge of ISO Scheduling Systems (i.e nMarket/PowerOptix/Adapt2/OATI) or similar products is required. Knowledge of different markets and variations required.
- Solid understanding of invoicing/contract/statement data, Settlements process, Invoice generation, transaction types
- Solid understanding of ISO published statement date.
- Solid understanding of the STP (Straight Through Processing)
- Adept in handling business changes and managing collaborator expectations.
- Provide comprehensive documentation for requirements, functional design, workflows, support project tracking.
- Effective management of tasks, timelines, progress reporting on tasks
- Perform requirement gathering, functional analysis and functional design.
- Knowledge and experience with using Azure DevOps (ADO) in full software lifecycle.
- Manage communication across multiple teams, third party vendor, and multiple consulting staff.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodologies
- Working experience and knowledge of Power ETRM systems (Epsilon/ENDUR/Allegro etc.)
- Support experience will be added advantage.
- Exposure to AWS Cloud
Behavior and Skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and interact with various collaborators.
- You are able to work in small teams, or alone, for project delivery.
- Candidate should be able to exhibit strong analytical and problem-solving skills, to deliver high quality solutions to clients.
- Candidate should be able to liaise with other teams to resolve cross functional issues.
- High self-motivation and strong delivery focus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent team working skills.
Why join us
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request accommodation.
Negligible travel should be expected with this role
This role is not eligible for relocation
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
Business Acumen, Commercial acumen, Commodity Trading Risk Management, Communication, Data Analysis, Data cleansing and transformation, Data domain knowledge, Data Integration, Data Management, Data Manipulation, Data Sourcing, Data strategy and governance, Data Structures and Algorithms, Data visualization and interpretation, Digital Security, Energy Trading, ETRM, Extract, transform and load, ISO Implementation, Problem Solving, Scheduling Systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.