We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our P&C Services & Solutions Team and advance your career as a
Learning Enablement Senior Specialist!
Working together with our global learning teams, Learning Services is responsible for learning implementation, the ‘silent’ end-to-end delivery of training internally and providing support and record maintenance for external training. Day to day activity is managed through our systems; Salesforce and Cornerstone on Demand (CSoD).
The Learning Enablement Senior Specialist position is responsible for the end-to-end management of logistical and delivery activity in line with the Learning Value Chain (LVC); ensuring that all tasks associated with the smooth running with the set-up, planning, training session and record maintenance, are performed to a high standard and within the agreed timeframe. This role reports directly to the Learning Enablement Team Lead.
In this role You will:
- Be responsible for the provisioning of the goods and services required in support of the rollout of training sessions. Identify and escalate risks and issues, providing potential solutions to mitigate.
- Scheduling trainers and faculty in support of training sessions; liaising with multiple individual faculty and faculty vendors to this end.
- Select and confirm appropriate training venues against a defined list of criteria.
- Timely ordering of training materials arrangement of special training requirements
- Administer sessions, completing all session related tasks outlined in workflow tool, ensure that training records on bp’s learning management system are updated accurately and within agreed timeframes.
- Responsible for maintaining accuracy of the information held on Salesforce and Cornerstone.
- Responsible for recording the costs for all goods and services contracted against a session – following up for invoicing
- Ensure session schedule changes are reflected accurately and communicated to our vendors, learners and faculty.
- Ensure clear and accurate communication to all learning audiences via Salesforce, within agreed timescales i.e., provide full customer service to learners, stakeholder, vendors, and colleagues through strong case management practices.
- Support the preparations for the annual ISO 9000 accreditation by reviewing and updating process documentation and actively participating in the audit.
- Engage with the wider team, suggesting better ways of working, demonstrating a commitment to continuous improvement and aid in updating global documentation.
- Participate in relevant focused project work, contributing to the onward development of the team’s processes, programs, tools, and systems.
We have the following requirements:
- University degree or equivalent experience is required
- 1+ years of work experience, gained preferably in a multinational environment
- Excellent English skills
- Strong problem solving/analytical abilities
- Agile mindset in ambiguous situations
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of learning management solutions and active German language skills are huge advantages
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement