The Learning Lead Senior Advisor works closely with the Learning Manager in supporting the safety & operational learning agenda which includes the following:
- manage the learning value chain by proactively partnering with key collaborators to understand performance gaps and identify, define, provide solutions,
- maintain license to operate by supporting the business to improve safety performance including standardizing and modernizing compliance/conformance learning and competency assurance,
- support the implementation and manage delivery of global and local skill development programs,
- support the business in developing a learning culture in which self-development and continuous skilling, reskilling, upskilling is the standard, keeping our people and organization future proof.
- Acts as a liaison to the wider learning community and drives the development of the local learning culture.
- Supports learning demand planning processes where applicable.
- Partners local customers and business enablers to support learning need identification.
- Actively partners with the larger learning organization, to ensure alignment and fast-tracking of needs manifesting from the business.
- Acts as a learning integrator for site supported initiatives and supports minor design/development projects where applicable.
- Partners with competency assurance team in support of the business.
- Works in partnership with the future skills and learning team to raise awareness on new campaigns/events.
- Handles cost and partner recovery for learning conducted in site/region/business based on supported field.
- Manages learning deployment activity at the local level
- Accountable for the day-to-day operations Whiting Learning Hubs
- Supports local talent pipeline activities and community outreach
- Acts as a trainer where applicable i.e. new employee onboarding, safety courses, skill qualifications, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant qualification or experience
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Strong performance consulting and management skills and a focus to deliver pragmatic solutions to basic business learning problems
- Strong data management and digital fluency skills
- Experience developing/delivering innovative learning solutions with a focus on agile principles and new technologies
- Experience in learning support, in managing part of the learning value chain and basic knowledge of local training related legislation
- Learning Value Chain applied experience in any of the following: Performance analysis, Capability gap analysis experience, Experience in Solution identification, Solution scoping, Delivery modes, Content design, Prototyping, Vendor management, Faculty management, Third-party delivery, Online delivery, Assessment and evaluation, Data collection, Reporting
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong problem solving and project/program management skills
- Basic knowledge of and experience in using learning management systems and e-Learning development software i.e. Articulate 360 or Adobe Captivate
- Basic knowledge of pipeline or refinery operations
- HRD/ HRM/ Organizational Psychology Bachelor’s degree
Why join us
At bp, we believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life, including a generous paid parental leave policy and excellent retirement benefits, among others!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.